Ableton Automation deactivated when open ANA2 VST

Everytime when I open ANA2 VST in an Ableton Track where I automated something, it deactivate all automation from ANA2 (just when opening the VST).
I never saw this with any other VST (it only happens when I change manual the automated parameter in the VST).
I can re enable the automation Ian Ableton with the Re-Enable Automation Button. But I have to do this every time.
And when I change other parameters I cannot hear the automation going on.

Hi there @Heartleader

Sorry for the delayed reply, first thing first, could you also please include the following, this is important when submitting issue with plugins, thanks.

ANA 2 Plugin version
Live Version
Operating System & version
Using ANA 2 64 or 32 bit ?

There’s a known issue about ANA 2 not recalling automation in Live, but once you’ve clicked on Live’s “Re-Enable” button all ANA 2 automation lines should be activated again ( stop being greyed ) and that should not prevent you to hear them. That’s for ANA 2 automation.

Now reading your post, are you reporting that this is affecting other automation that you have on the track where ANA 2 VST is inserted ?

ANA 2 Plugin version: V2.0.81 Mar 14 2018
Live Version: 10.1 Build 2019-05-14
Operating System & version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F203)
Using ANA 2 64 or 32 bit ?: VST 64 Bit

There’s a known issue about ANA 2 not recalling automation in Live, but once you’ve clicked on Live’s “Re-Enable” button all ANA 2 automation lines should be activated again ( stop being greyed ) and that should not prevent you to hear them. That’s for ANA 2 automation.
Correct, but when I want to change something in the plugin and I listen to the sound the already automated is not hearable because they are deactivated when I open ANA2. Sure after I reactivating it works again. But it is annoying because no plugin react like this and I will not be aware to reactivate all the time.

Now reading your post, are you reporting that this is affecting other automation that you have on the track where ANA 2 VST is inserted ?
No, only ANA2 is affected and the automation is deactivated only in ANA2. In all other plugins (Ableton and 3rd) are not affected.

1 Like

Thank you for the updated info & clarification that this is just affecting ANA 2 automation.

Unfortunately yes, this is a known issue. Pointing it to the dev. attention again, thanks for reporting.

FYI @bryan_spence & @phil_johnston

Thanks for your fast reply.
Is there a plan to fix this issue?

Still under investigation as far as I know, this wasn’t fix in the v 2.091 release for the Slate Bundle, but like I mentioned S.A team & the dev. are aware of this one, so hopefully this should get fixed in a future version.

will be addressed in the next patch :+1:

1 Like

What is the ETA on the patch?

@Acidsmoker

I have no information about patch/release Estimate Time of Arrival at my level, most of the time there’s an announcement done by S.A when a new version is available for download in your user account.