ANA 1.5 in Cubase 7.5 still hogging CPU

Very disappointed that despite seeing posts from 2/3 years ago claiming that the CPU issues would be fixed (when?) the current version 1.5 that I’ve just bought hogs all my CPU even in a new track with just ANA running. Running the 32bit version makes little difference. Even with the basic bass and no fx it induces lag and drop outs.br
br
The sounds are fantastic but it’s frustrating that I can’t use most of them in a track without Cubase slowing to a crawl :(br
br
Running Windows 7 64bit 16GB ram and an external Steinberg UR22 soundcard. I don’t have this issue with ANY other VSTs in our studio.br
br
Is there a newer version of ANA? I thought 1.5 was the latest version. If not is there a patch that I’ve missed? Any other fixes? I’ve spent an hour going through related posts on here/KVR etc.br
br
Thanksbr
br
Adambr
br
br
br

I totally agree with you. Phil wrote in Nov 2013 that they know about all the ANA issues, but said they were currently working on a plug now called KICK (on KVRaudio.com), then they would work on on ANA…nothing seems to have happened so far. br
br
Phil, please give us an update on ANA.br
br
Thanks a lot and a happy new year!

I just buyed that synth and i have exacly the same problem on cubase 5br
Please do something with that , cheers )

Hi Guysbr
br
What are your processor specs?

Intel(R) core™ 2cpu E7400 2.8Ghz 2.79Ghzbr
2GB Ram br
Windows Vistabr
br
Yes like you said I need upgrade the RAM but the cpu… br
i think the problem is with the vst cause i see first time jumping like this

[quote]Rhythmic_Attack (05/01/2016)[hr]Intel(R) core™ 2cpu E7400 2.8Ghz 2.79Ghzbr
2GB Ram br
Windows Vistabr
br
Yes like you said I need upgrade the RAM but the cpu… br
i think the problem is with the vst cause i see first time jumping like this[/quote]br
br
Hi Rythmic,br
br
I replied to your other created post re: this.br
br
You will be able to run limited instances with this CPU and RAM setup. However keep the polyphony number down (bottom left) and you will be able to squeeze more out of it

Ive got an AMD Phenom Quadcore @3.2 GHZ and 8GB Ram, Cubase 8, Steinberg UR22 with recent drivers...according to the task manager, the CPU-Load is not the problem, but the VST-performance (ASIO) bar almost hits about 80%, only using one pad sound (with 168 voices)...thats quite a lot. Changing buffer size and all that stuff doesnt help. So why does it eat up so much ASIO performance? I see that it only happens with sounds that have over 100 voices, but still: its just “one” sound, and I don`t wanna freeze all the time. Anyhow, your synth is pretty awesome…

[quote]MagicMike82 (09/01/2016)[hr]Ive got an AMD Phenom Quadcore @3.2 GHZ and 8GB Ram, Cubase 8, Steinberg UR22 with recent drivers...according to the task manager, the CPU-Load is not the problem, but the VST-performance (ASIO) bar almost hits about 80%, only using one pad sound (with 168 voices)...thats quite a lot. Changing buffer size and all that stuff doesnt help. So why does it eat up so much ASIO performance? I see that it only happens with sounds that have over 100 voices, but still: its just “one” sound, and I don`t wanna freeze all the time. Anyhow, your synth is pretty awesome…[/quote]br
br
Hi Mikebr
br
Reduce the Polyphony setting bottom left - it will reduce the number of voices and reduce the CPU