ANA 1 - with OSX Catalina

Yep, Apple had announced the complete 32 bit support drop with Catalina. Even wondering if wrappers apps like Soundradix 32Lives are still gonna work.

Did you give a try to the manual uninstall for ANA by the way ?

Any updates on ANA 1 - with OSX Catalina using Logic Pro X 10.4.8?

It’s not work for my Catalina 10.15.2, and i only use Logic Pro X .
I kinda need it to work, and doing that 64 bit install dose nothing as well to fix it. Stuck on this one message saying that my"ANA trial had expired" but how if it’s licensed?

Please let me know about any new updated for ANA 1

Hey there @Net-Zone

Haven’t heard anything new about this from S.A team yet, will try to know more about this and update the forums.

Unfortunately the issue with ANA 1.5 is we did it through a 3rd party dev that used a proprietary framework. So updating it is quite difficult. We are working on getting the dev involved again but I can’t promise we will be able to solve it.

For my own Older projects I’ve been booting on an older OS and recreating the ANA 1.5 presets in ANA 2 and swapping them. ( it usually ends up sounding better)

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Phil. I have started doing the same as well, and I agree, it does sound better in ANA 2.

It would be nice to get a new ANA2 pack that contains a recreation of some of the older ANA 1.5 packs… I really like a lot of my 1.5 presets… especially the synthwave and the various trance ones.

1 Like

If there are any particular presets you can’t quite replicate I’m happy to have a go.

At this point if there is any replicate 1.5 presets for ANA2 please feel free to update on that as that would help me to make the jump.
Still sad to hear 1.5 struggling a bit to be on it’s feet.

I appreciate your looking into the possibility of support for ANA 1.5 and Catalina. Half of my production catalog from the last four years is built on ANA 1.5 in some way or another, so outside of reverting to a previous OS version I am going to have figure out an alternative.

I just purchased ANA 2 and will rebuild the presets to as close as possible if all else fails, but thought it would have been cool to see a legacy, 1.5 preset section in 2 for those of us who are upgrading as a result.

Hello guys, I have exactly the same issue… How do you guys manage to transfer/copy/whatever ANA1.5 preset to work on ANA2 ? cause if we can do this it’s like perfect, I can only use ANA2 with ANA1.5 preset…

Hey there @bezoar

Unfortunately it’s simply not possible to do this, ANA 2 was designed from the ground up, it’s a different synth than ANA 1.5 and therefore the presets are not compatible between the 2 synths.

The only way to use the same/similar presets you have in ANA 1.5 is to recreate them from scratch with ANA 2.

If there are particular ANA 1 presets you want I can have a go at replicating them in ANA 2

Hi Phil!

Would you be interested in converting some ANA 1.5 presets for me? For a fee of course. I’m dying to get some over to ANA 2 as my old music laptop is dying a slow death and my new one can’t run Mojave :frowning:

Or could you possibly share the conversion process and I’ll have a go myself?

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

Hi KnigteHawk!

Would you be interested in converting some ANA 1.5 presets for me? For a fee of course. I’m dying to get some over to ANA 2 as my old music laptop is dying a slow death and my new one can’t run Mojave :frowning: I’ve tried to contact Phil, both on here and through FB, but to no avail.

Or could you possibly share the conversion process and I’ll have a go myself?

Thanks a lot!
Dave.

Hi there @Ocorra

Unfortunately there is no “conversion process” between ANA 1.5 and ANA 2 presets since those are two different software synths. ANA 2 was built up from the ground up and it’s using a totally different preset format than ANA 1.5, therefore, it’s not a simple matter of “converting”, the presets need to be re-designed from scratch inside ANA 2.

As for getting in touch with Phil, no worries, he’ll be reading your question as well, but hey, simple point here : it’s weekend right now, and you just posted this an hour ago :wink: :slight_smile:

But again, no easy way or magic converter between ANA 1.5 & ANA 2, it’s involving manually recreating each patch.

Let me know the presets and I will have a go…

As has been said there’s no conversion process other than just coping the wave forms, matching the volumes and filters etc. By ear.

ANA 2 can in theory replicate all the same stuff as ANA 1 it just takes a bit of tweaking.

1 Like

Hi Phil!

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Below are the presets that I would love to have in ANA 2. I’ve also placed them in a Google Drive folder if it helps. Here’s the link:

ANA 1.5 Presets

Vol 6 Prog Trance Pluck - Ice Pick
Vol 6 Prog Trance Plucks - Dynamic
Vol 6 Prog Trance Plucks - Pulse Guitar
Vol 6 Prog Trance Lead - Fable
Vol 6 Prog Trance Pad - Sunset
Vol 6 Prog Trance Stab - Harbour
Vol 4 Adam Ellis Pure Trance Bass - Bass Pad 1
Vol 4 Adam Ellis Pure Trance Bass - Bass Pad 2

Thanks a mil!
Dave.

1 Like

Hi Phil,
Reading the validation log from Logic Pro X indicates that ANA 1.5 would probably work well apart from the licence checking during the validation phase, that fails most likely because of the file access security restrictions.

I assume the 3rd party dev did not care to update ANA 1.5 because they were not offered to be paid for it. A good solution would then be to just remove the licence checking part and recompile ANA 1.5 to ensure its owners can keep on using it. Manually replicating a preset is not a solution when you have loads of projects that still need a rework.

Hey Phil! Can I pay you to recreate a patch? I’ll have to email it to you since I tweaked it a bunch and saved it as a separate preset. Let me know and I’ll PayPal you :wink:

I uploaded it to my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sL_hXgzNG0Ycsr1hFxYdDimNY74ZqCNa/view?usp=sharing

Who said you can’t run the original ANA 1.5 on Logic Pro X ? Don’t need a old MacOS to run it ether.
I’m sorry but there is a very beautiful sounds out of the original ANA that i can’t seem to get on ANA2.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uN6NWfYuetKI0rEmuQHazoXGE6kzzcYi/view?usp=sharing
I’m going to disappear again, just want to say don’t give up hope.