ANA 2 brings DAW to crash

Hi,

my ANA 2 crashes on a 32 Bit Windows 7 system. DAW ist FL Studio 20 / FL Studio 12. I have already installed the newest version from your website. What can i do? It happens sometimes, if i switch through the presets. :\

Please fix this behavior. Thank You.

Hey @Timmey1983

Are you just experiencing this behaviour with ANA2 only or do you have other issues as well with other plugins in FL Studio ?

If you’re using the latest ANA2 version and the 32bits VST only according to your system, it could very well be that this issue is not coming from ANA2.

You have to make sure that you are using your system & FL Studio at their best in order to troubleshoot this correctly.

Depending of your PC specs, DAW & audio Interface setup, many things could play a role and lead to such behaviour.

It could help to go to Win Task Manager , find the matching FL.exe process and set it’s priority to ‘high’ as well as stopping unnecessary tasks & apps running in the background.

In FL Studio preferences as well you can try to adjust audio & buffer settings.

Maybe this could help you to check those and troubleshoot more to be able to say that this is coming from ANA2.

( Link is not active, copy/paste it into your browser )

https://youtu.be/OWYmqwb7b4k

Only ANA 2 crashes my DAW sometimes. Everthing is working stable for years.

Setup: RME Fireface UFX2 - 256 Buffer / 6ms - no other problems here.

The next time it will crashes my DAW, i will post the violation error here.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, yes, this will surely help support to troubleshoot this issue. :wink:

Thanks in advance for your help. :slight_smile:

just to be clear - this is ANA 2 correct?
Only because you say its been working for years, but ANA 2 only just released late last year

My DAW without ANA 2 is working for years. That’s what I meant. :wink:

great :slight_smile: the error report will help - as well as what exactly you were doing at the time (it may be a specific preset causing it)

I also suspect that it happens during the preset change. I will contact you as soon as the problem arises again. :slight_smile:

First crash:

Uploading…

Second crash while choose presets quickly.

Uploading…

any particular preset?
can you reproduce this doing a set of specific actions / a video would help if thats possible

i notice you’ve owned ana 2 for a while, so is this new? have you updated anything recently since it started happening

I think it happens if I browse the Pads category and switch the presets quickly.

No, I have the problems with the crashes from the beginning.

I can’t upload my video here.

https://streamable.com/82lv1

Yep, the upload limitation is normal, that’s in regard to some automated “trust level” on the forums, privileges grows with forum’s activity & performed actions.:wink:

Thank you for your link & the video, that will help support to investigate this further :wink:

Hi Timmey

Seems to be on the Jetter 1 preset - is that consistent?
Can you select the Jetter preset from the preset list without a crash?

Would you be available to do a Remote Desktop Session

Hi Bryan,

sorry but I’m at work at the moment. It happens at different presets. More often in the “PADS” category.

Shure, we can do a Teamviewer Session, if you want.

With kind regards
Tim

Was this actually solved, any feedback ?? Thanks :wink:

I switched from 32 to 64 bit Windows 7 and the issue is gone!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

All good then, enjoy ANA 2 & thanks for your update on this one :wink: