ANA 2 can't authorize on mac High Sierra

Hi!
Just bought ANA 2 today, installed ok, Logic sees it ok. when registration prompted lead it to the license file downloaded along with the synth. ANA 2 says - ok, have a good time etc. then shows me that it’s authorized to me ok.
After some seconds of using it goes automatically back to “authorized to demo version” with white nose appearing as well.
Tried uninstall/reinstall, re-scanned plugins in Logic - no success.
Need advice how to resolve this please!
Thanks,
Ash

Hi there @ashneutral

What does Logic Pro X Plug-in Manager tells you about ANA 2, does it appears as authorized ?

Make sure to re-download your License file from your S.A user account to avoid any corrupted file, those things happens.

Try too log out from your MacOS user account on even better to reboot your Mac after installation as well.

If non of these works and if you’re sure that the installation process went fine, then it could be a License issue and it’s best to open a support ticket from here then. Make sure to include all your OS & DAW specs while submitting a support request.

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Plug-in manager says it’s ok and authorized, but after just another re-scan Logic sometimes says smth like ANA plugin cannot be used on your computer, but in the plugin manager list it’s authorized. What I’m trying to do now is to completely reinstall Logic (for I suppose there could be problems) and after that I’m going to follow the steps you suggested. In case nothing works I’ll open a ticket.
Thanks again, really appreciate your help!

it’s maybe wise to clean your AU plugin cache before re-installing Logic & check other things before.

• Go to this path /Users/Your_User_Name/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache and you should find a file named com.apple.audiounits.cache → Delete it then restart your computer, open Logic and it will re-scan all your plugins.

That can take a while since Logic will be re-scanning all your Plug-ins.

Now for ANA 2, check also this path /Users/Your_User_Name/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2 and you should find 3 files in there : ANA 2.dat - ANA 2.settings - ANA2.keyfile

Delete ANA 2.settings & overwrite your ANA2.keyfile by the one downloaded from your account.

Please note that each time, we’re talking about your User Library on MacOS, not the main Library.
If you can’t see your user library which might be hidden, follow this guide .

There’s also a ANA 2 manual uninstall guideline on the support page, it might be wise to try to follow this procedure as well.

Did manual uninstall, downloaded new license file, seems ok so far! at least for 15 min of continuous play it’s stable)
Let’s hope it will stay so!

Thanks a lot for your time and assistance!

1 Like

Good to read that it’s working fine now.

Yeah, hopefully the manual uninstall/reinstall procedure should solve the issue :wink:

If you’re running into issues again, don’t hesitate to report it back.

Cheers !

1 Like