ANA 2 Factory Patches

I have noticed that most of the ANA 2 factory patches seem to be designed to serve as a demonstration of the impressive capabilities of the synth. The “gee whiz” factor is on display. On my older i5 notebook, the CPU usage on many of these patches is really high and the reverb, delay and effects have to be turned down or off to make them useful in a lot of musical contexts. In addition, very few of them seem to have much in the way of dynamics (the velocity sensitivity is either not utilized or very subtle). Compare that with the Sylenth1 default “ARP303 Saw” patch that really demonstrates the power of velocity sensitivity. I would like to see more “meat and potatoes” basic sounds in the factory set and more patches that have more dynamic range.

Hmm, this is a 6 osc synth with samples, for me it feels like the whole purpose of it is to get layered, shiny, sparkly epic sounds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The velocity sensitivity (when the arp is on) is something we are looking at. Currently you can draw the velocity sensitivity in the arp section

It would also be nice to have more global controls for velocity. Unless I am missing something, you have to set it for each oscillator and filter separately.

I think this is global correct? “Velocity to Volume all”

Just tried it…does not seem to have any effect at all unless you turn up each oscillator’s velocity to +100. What am I missing?

That is strange. When you turn the volume down on say OSC 1 and set the Mod for Velocity on OSC 1 only, it works fine, but when you use it globally like I mentioned, it doesn’t work. OK, I’m missing something now too lol

Yeah, kind of puzzling. Trying to wrap my head around the architecture.

So I’m making this real thick Analog Patch, and it seems the problem we were discussing yesterday might be a bug to squash OR the Velocity MIDI out settings we are transmitting from our controllers are set wrong for that global parameter within ANA 2, because I just assigned the Global Volume Parameter to my Mod Wheel, and it works like a charm. Still can’t get the velocity to make Global Volume work though.

Yes, currently velocity is set on a per oscillator basis

1 Like

I was wondering as well, and that explains it. Thanks Bryan :slight_smile: