ANA not showing in Live 10

Hi,

Ana does not show in Ableton Live 10 Suite 64bit

Do you have any different builds that get around this problem

Ady

Hey @ady

Could you be a bit more more specific please,

• Are you using the latest ANA 1.5 release ?
  • Which OS are you using & which version ? ( ie: MacOS High Sierra 10.3.4 / WIN 10 x64 1803 )
  • Obviously you are using Ableton Live 10 64bit as a DAW

Make sure that you are using the correct 64bit plugin version with your 64bit DAW :

• If on Windows there’s only one installer file inside the PC Installer directory but you have to be sure to install the 64bit version of the plugin & not the 32bit one when running the installation.
  • If this was installed correctly you should see a A.N.Ax64.dll inside your usual VSTPlugins folder.
  • If on MacOS once you’ve open the Mac Installer directory you’ll find 2 .pkg files, be sure to use the 64bit version named Sonic Academy A.N.A (64-bit).pkg once installed you should also find a A.N.A x64.vst file in your MacOs VST plugins folder.

Next to that be sure to restart Live 10 & rescan your plugins in Live from the “File Folder” preferences tab.

Also, does your System HDD ( drive ) as any fancy name or character within the name ?

Hope that can help to troubleshoot more this issue.

Hi,

Hi,

Are you using the latest ANA 1.5 release ? Yes
Which OS are you using & which version ? ( ie: MacOS High Sierra 10.3.4 / WIN 10 x64 1803 ). High Sierra 10.13.4
Obviously you are using Ableton Live 10 64bit as a DAW. Yes
Location; SSD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

I have kick and that shows up no problem

Ady

@ady

Do you see the A.N.A x64.vst in there ? Just to be sure it’s not the 32bit version instead.

Are you using the new APFS or the standard MacOS Extended ( Journaled ) volume format on your MacOS SDD or any Case Sensitive APF or MacOS Extended format ??

You can check this using the Disk Utility, selecting your system HDD and right click & select “Get info”

If you are using any Case sensitive option you could try to rename your HDD without any capital letters ( assuming your HDD drive name is SSD capitals right now ) be aware that this could have impact on existing shortcuts or symbolic links that you have on your Mac.

Edit : also it could be worth trying to download a fresh ANA 1.5 .zip archive from S.A web site and make sure it’s not related to a corrupted archive file. Those things could happen, I’m finding the free KEKA unzip App very reliable on MacOS. Have you tried to restart your Mac post installation ?

If ANA installation went correctly on your system you should see the following folders on your Mac, aside the vst plugin mentioned before :

SSD/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/A.N.A with those folders inside : Data, License ( if not the demo), Presets, Tables, Settings.xml

Another thing it could be related to is a files permission issue under MacOS, you could try to download the free Permission Reset App and try to apply the 3thrd solution from this page http://www.ohanaware.com/support/permissionsreset.php (INFOS) www.ohanaware.com/permissionsreset/PermissionsReset.zip (Download)

Open Permission Reset, just drag & drop the A.N.A x64.vst file from your VST folder onto the top part app and click the “Reset” button, you should be prompted for your Admin password and your are done, then try to reopen Live again, rescan your plugins via Preferences & give it another try.

I’ll try all your suggestions
Thank you
Ady

OK, hope this could help, that’s a kind of best 1st level troubleshooting I can provide you with so far,
thanks to let me know further about it.

In case no one of the above seems to solve your problem you can open a ticket with S.A support staff from this page and they will help you to sort this out.

http://support.sonicacademy.com/ using the top right “Submit a request” link ( in red )

Hey Ady !

Any chance to get it to work so far ??

Hi,
Yes I got it to work last night by copy and pasting the VST file into the other hard drive Libary.
I have pimped my mac by removing the optical drive and replacing with an SSD for the operating system but it seems my applications still run from the original hard drive. It’s sorted now and showing along side Kick in Audio units.
Thank you
Ady

Hi Ady,

Happy to learn you’ve got it all sort out now, that was a tricky one to guess, I couldn’t have figure that without knowing that HDD upgrade… :wink: Hope you will enjoy ANA synth without issue now & thanks for the feedback.