ANA2 Skins

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the explanation about the updated design and very pleased to read this :wink:

That will be 4 skins already… Amazing work, congrats !
S.

I had no idea there was a Sonic Academy Face Book Discussion Group. Thanks for letting me know! I’ll check it out tomorrow :slight_smile:

This is fantastic work! Love the knobs and overall design! I’m still in the process of finishing my skin. It would have been completed by now, but I’ve been concentrating on ANA2 sound design so much lately :slight_smile:

This is awesome Phil! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to using this one :slight_smile:

Yep, the group is quite new. Here is the link to it :

I don’t have Facebook.
Do I really need to create an Facebook account?
It seems that this Facebook group is restrict, this means that if create and join this group Facebook, I will not be with 5000 " friends"?

You can only join a facebook group if you are signed up to facebook unfortunately

Thanks Bryan,
Maybe I will create an account on Facebook.
Now I working on a new skin, this time background is black with blue leds dots for knobs scale.
I almost finished to design it, and it seems to be pretty cool.
Cheers,
JCaldeira

1 Like

Yep, you need a FB account to join but the group is different than your account. When joining a FB Group either Open or Closed ( restricted access that need to be granted ) your FB user account is added to the group members list but you won’t get all the group members in your friends list, don’t worry with that. There’s also quite a lot of settings to setup your privacy preferences on your FB account too, just take the time to learn a bit about it.

Hi Stéphane,
Long time no see.
I’ve been busy with my work and working on my latest dark skin.
With many possibilities regarding to visual aspect, I could lost in choosing the colors to make it stand up.
Regarding to FB account, I do already create an account. How can I enter this group?
Cheers,
JCaldeira

1 Like

Hi Jorge,

Good to hear from you :slight_smile: and to learn that you’re busy with work & Skins :wink:

For the FB Group just use this link and submit a request to join, don’t forget to answer the questions about your favorite Music & Daw ( it’s just a formal check to avoid unrelated FB account to join the group ). I also moderate there, so me or someone else for S.A will grant your request asap :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Here is the link to the FB Discussion Group : Sonic Academy - Music Production Discussion | Facebook

Hahahaha… Why do I always write so much… :smile: :laughing::joy:

Hello, I apologize for the necro, but is there a way to modify the text in Ana 2? The text on my screen is too blurry to read if the GUI is set below 100%, and the plug-in will not fit on my laptop screen (14 inches) at or above 100% GUI size.

Hello,
Are you testing on ANA2 originals skins or in those that I made?
Cheers!

1 Like

Hey there @hive_lord_zatta

Haven’t dig much myself into skin design & components but as far as I know, text in ANA 2 GUI is directly embedded inside the pictures that makes the interface, so I doubt there’s a way to change this unless editing those files and modifying the text directly from the pictures.

A 85% size ratio was introduced in some prior versions of ANA 2 for better fitting 14 inches Laptop screens, make sure you’re up to date & tried that aspect ratio. That’s the first hint I could think about, another thing could be to try different skins : while the text police & size is the same across available skins, the fact to use a different set of color like darker background & white text ( or the opposite ) can really make a difference and make the text really more visible on smaller screens. Also, if you have GUI resizing options available in your DAW settings ( like you can find inside Ableton Live & Bitwig Studio for example ) that might help too. Finally, using different “color profiles” in your GPU or computer parameters might be helpful too if none of the above helps.

I will update & add a Dropbox link to a .zip file containing all free skins that you’ll find in this post & others on the forums, as well as some additional free ones. There’s also a ReadMe txt file to explain where to install & how to set them from ANA 2"s menu. Maybe a different color scheme might suit you better. Just need to wrap it up & upload it first.

EDIT : Here's the link to the free skins archive file.

Hey there Jorge,

Long time… Hope you’re doing well & that you’re safe home in those crazy times :wink:
You might know better than me about this, LOL. Feel free to add/correct my reply, again, haven’t been diving into skin design myself, so that’s my way to picture out things. Thanks.

Thank you for the replies J_Caldeira and Tekalight. Both default skins and your skins J are fuzzy at 85% GUI size on my 14-inch laptop monitor, but a couple of yours are slightly more legible, so I’ll use them. Thanks you two.

1 Like

I just found this one today. Comes with some trap presets. Honestly pretty good so far and I really dig the skin. Echo Sound Works Drip ANA2 Skin

1 Like

Nice work guys :slight_smile: