ANA2 Skins

Finally finished last details in my latest new ANA2 Skin/GUI.
Choose to design Blue LCD displays, because I like the blue color of LCD displays.
My purpose was to make the LCD “alive” and almost real. Put some retro-light effect on it. with which I think has become really cool.

Did new background with new Grey metal texture and created new knobs and buttons.
Metallic texture knobs for all of them, but for Master Cut Off, I design several different colors and forms, until decided for the same metallic knob but with rubber touch around it.
The knobs have marking scales, which I drew in all to create that analog touch.
The graphics were made in best possible High Definition.
It was not in a twinkle of an eye, took time and hard work, but the result is a very clean colorful skin for ANA2.
This skin was designed for all music lovers and DJ’s, which I was one of them in late 90’s.

Hope this new skin for ANA2 could catch your inner musical inspiration.

To add this skin, just read the go to the begin topic initial instructions, the steps are the same.
If you like my work or have a suggestion to make, please reply me at this topic.

1 Like

Hi Jorge,

Link seems to be broken, got a “Share Not Found” message when using your download link.

Could you please check it ?? Thx

S.

Sorry please try again.

Link is working fine now, thanks :thumbsup:

Let me know what you think after test :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Cheers

Of course I will do :wink:

I already can tell that it’s working fine at every sizes ratios in Live 10 on mac-OS High Sierra ( both AU & VST ).

I will review it further tomorrow and also test it with other DAWs & Windows.

Cheers !

Hi again,

Being testing “Blue LCD & Retro” skin on the Mac today, I’m running a bunch of different DAWs on this machine and it’s working fine. I only had one issue with the VST version on Harrison Mixbus 32C5.
For some reason it won’t let me change the GUI size to 100% and 75%, it will overload Mixbus and freeze the application with no alternative than forcing it to quit. But well, maybe not the most used DAW and the most plugin user friendly, and anyway it’s still working fine with the AU version and the VST if you keep it to full size.

Having trouble with the WIN machine so no test today, are you on WIN or mac-OS BTW ??

You did a great work, it’s a nice skin, very visual. The knobs with the color circles around them are very practical and it’s giving ANA 2 a new colorful look. The blue LCD is cool too ( though it’s not my favorite color as mentioned before -:slight_smile: )
But this is just me, I’m more a dark color lover I think. In fact the envelopes & waveforms display on your blue LCD panels is again very visual.

The metal effect of the knobs is very well done, I was expecting something more “shiny-metal” for the mainframe and the color circles around the knobs would even look better if more blend with the metal frame or using shadow effects.
But, hey, this is just my own visual appreciation.

It should also be appreciated by users because of the colors around the knobs which is handy.

Congrats !! That’s a nice skin and thank you for your time & work making it, I hope that other members will try it soon and let some comments here as well.

Maybe @KErf would give it a try and gives you some feedback :wink:

Cheers !
S.

Hello J_Caldeira. Thanks for taking your time on this skin. Skins are always welcome :slight_smile:
I do like the silver estetic, the thing is I normally work at night hours and clear skins seems uncomfortable to me. Anyway I’m using a tool called f.lux that change the screen colors at night but I loose the silver touch.
I love the new pot rings colors, it’s a great idea for a faster workflow. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Jose

1 Like

Hi Stéphane,
As always thanks for the input and time to evaluate and make suggestions about improvements.
I’m on Windows 7 64 Graphic board is NVIDIA GEForce 1050 TI.
Regarding to blend the circles around knobs with mainframe, and do a more “shiny-metal” it can be done, but the knobs are more difficult to make.
On my next skin, I will keep in mind.
Also thanks to Jose for his recommendation about doing more darker skin, although I do not like it so much.
Cheers!

1 Like

That’s confirming the feeling I had that users are gonna like the skin for the work you did with the knobs, the graduations you added around the knobs on the GUI mainframe board is also a nice improvement :wink:

Now I hope that you gonna listen to the “dark side” that’s sleeping in you… ( we all have one :smile: ) because I’m also a big fan of dark skins, and with future Mac users switching to 10.14 Mojave and the new “Dark Mode”, it’s gonna be requested I think.
Cheers !

nice, never realised it could have custom skins, may need to venture into this if it’s semi straightforward?

Yes. It is.
You may need attention to canvas dimensions when design it.
For ANA2 2 Oscs BG template is 1054x785 and for ANA2 2 Oscs BG@2 : 2108x1570.
A good image editor with capable layering is rather helpful.
Requires time but with imagination and creativity, the results will appear.
Cheers.
JC

Hi everyone,
I notice that my monitor was not to well color calibrated, when I’ve seen blue lcd color on ANA2, so updated a new background of Blue LCD & Retro skin.

Here’s the link:

Steps:
Copy and paste the two background files (named ANA2 2 Oscs BG…) on zip file, into the same Blue LCD & Retro folder, to replace them.
If you like, you can keep the old and the new background, Copy and duplicate skin folder with different names.
Cheers!

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for this update;

I’m not using calibration on my monitor but somehow I found your original Blue LCD screen color matching that “LCD Feel” better on my monitors, the modified one ( updated one )looks more “Light Blue” and does not show those “cloudy” nuances between dark & light blue which simulates better the LCD feel IMO.

Again, I’m not using calibration here, so that must be specific to my monitor display and I just wanted to let you know how I perceive it. I’m using a DELL U2715H Display, think it’s pretty decent for colors, but I’m definitely not an expert in that field… :smile:

Also, on the new ( modified ) background, the G-ENV display is no longer following the Blue LCD Oscillators screen color as it was in the original, was this done on purpose ??

Have you joined the new Sonic Academy Face Book Discussion Group BTW ?? I posted there about your work as well as the one from @AmbieticA and the “Aluminium” work from Phil.

Would be nice to see you 2 joining the FB Discussion Group :wink:

Cheers !
S.

1 Like

Thanks Stéphane,
Glad to know your visual settings, how they look in your monitor.
I might be right regarding to original blue, but I thought second it would be appear better.
In G-ENV Display I change the color to match the left side, pure aesthetic look.
I will put less bright in those two LCD.
I want to let you know, that I’m working on a dark skin with leds scale knobs.
Cheers,
JCaldeira

1 Like

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the explanation about the updated design and very pleased to read this :wink:

That will be 4 skins already… Amazing work, congrats !
S.

I had no idea there was a Sonic Academy Face Book Discussion Group. Thanks for letting me know! I’ll check it out tomorrow :slight_smile:

This is fantastic work! Love the knobs and overall design! I’m still in the process of finishing my skin. It would have been completed by now, but I’ve been concentrating on ANA2 sound design so much lately :slight_smile:

This is awesome Phil! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to using this one :slight_smile:

Yep, the group is quite new. Here is the link to it :