Deep Techno - The Secretary

Hi everyone, here is some techno :slight_smile:
What do you think?
https://soundcloud.com/anderslowgren/the-secretary

The track is nice but definitely loud which makes it sounding distorted, even reducing the level knob or listening on headphones.

But again, the track is quite nice. Have you watch this new tut from Kirk Degiorgio already BTW ?

I suggest you do, it’s really interesting & well explained. Though in this case it’s a SoundCloud upload, there’s still a lot to learn from this course I think.

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll probably fix the volume of the track today.
I’ve just watched the intro of Kirk’s tut, I’m watching the Christian Vance stuff at the moment :slight_smile:

Good choice :wink: another great tutor and Christian provides a lot of feedback on his courses when relevant questions are asked.

Another suggestion for your track would be about the arrangement & progression, it’s very linear and could benefit of more tension & release I think, during the all listening it gives the feeling to just have a A & B part, subtracting some elements in the right arrangement parts is one way to induce progression. Just my 2cents advise here :wink:

Did you put a reverb on your master or using sends on almost all channels BTW ? It’s giving a nice analog feel to the track but watch out to keep your low end mono, especially in this genre.

Cheers !

I worked with a verse-chorus idea, so A & B part would be right, I switched things up just a little bit, I’ll try to give your advice on arranging in mind next time, I always make the low end mono at the master, also the reverb has the lowend filtered out before it reaches the reverb, i use sends for the reverb, thanx for listening :slight_smile:

Cheers !

1 Like

Good rules & practice IMHO :sunglasses:

Cheers !

Pretty nice. It’s rather relaxing and more a sideway movement than evolving into some sort of climax.

Thank you :slight_smile: