Dom Kane - Structures Remix Competition with Mau5trap / 14

Dom Kane - Structures Remix Competition with Mau5trap

View Remix Competition

It doesn’t get much bigger than this!!

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic Academy, you can now watch the track being made, download both the remix package and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some truly amazing prizes.

The ‘How To Make Structures’ Remix Contest is exclusive and only available on Sonic Academy. Your mix could be in with a chance of winning some wicked prizes and ultimately getting a release on the master himself Deadmau5 own label - Mau5trap!* - home to some of the biggest electronic music released in the last 10 years! Getting your winning mix out on Mau5trap will gain you unparalleled exposure and will kick start your major career! Join artists such as BlackGummy, No Mana, Rezz, Chris Lake, Noisia, Skrillex and Steve Duda on this illustrious label.

We know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves and Dom Kane are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track ‘Structures’ is chosen by Dom Kane and Mau5trap, you not only have the chance to win a release on one of the worlds leading dance music labels*, you’ll also win a huge £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award winning plugins and any preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third place wins a £25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Structures with Dom Kane - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in!

@TheRelativeGuy This is the closest remix to the original track flavor so far ( at least to my liking ), it fits to the genre, interesting rework. Nice one.

1 Like

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ye I’m coming.

1 Like

@TheRelativeGuy love the mellow spin on this one , something i could definitely play in my sets too !

1 Like

Enjoy my Melodic Techno Remix! Kept mood of the song intact! :slight_smile: Hope you enjoy it! Cheers!

1 Like

I hope you enjoy my remix!

1 Like

@jeaneiffel, Really love the vibe in your mix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, the Sysdemes remix is awesome. I’d pay for his on Beatport. My one criticism is that it sounds like a great original track but I didn’t feel as much of a link to the original, nonetheless a great piece of music

1 Like

Some amazing talent! A treat from top to bottom! Top favorites of mine are ASHE and Brent Gee. Brent’s, wow, great sound and originality in keeping DK’s original song in the remix, but making it your own. Absolute chills in the ambient.

1 Like

@Kitsune1618 Hey there ! When I’m usually pointing on too much loud levels here it’s the opposite with your remix, it really should be cranked up in volume, just saying… :wink:

1 Like

@jeaneiffel Nice work ! Like the perc’s elements & the groove, great job with the synth pads in the background too :wink: Maybe the drums are a tiny bit in the front (level wise speaking) but that’s just my listening experience. Good Luck !

2 Likes

@Tekalight the track is unmastered and has a lot of headroom (its a very common practice and many labels prefer to have headroom to work with in the mastering process). When it comes to audio dynamics, if you go to loud you can cause damage to the audio signals, however if you mix quietly you can always bring the levels up later. hope you enjoyed it though.

1 Like

Hey!,
Check out my groovy remix “Estructuras”

1 Like

Totally agree with you on the subject but for SA remix-comp I know that they ask for the most polished & finished track that you can produce, so just take it into account because it’s not always sure that the winning track will be mastered by the label later on, and you can keep your un-mastered version for that purpose while uploading a mastered version here.

And yes btw, I enjoyed your track because it sounds different though I was not convinced by the melodic’s elements like the guitar sound & found the scratch/glitch fx synth sound disturbing because it’s sudden & “scratching” a bit, but again just my listening feedback here :wink:
Cheers !

1 Like

@Tekalight scratching and guitars? are you sure you’re talking about my remix?

1 Like

Isn’t it this one : Tom Garrett & Daniel Kachler Remix Kitsune1618 ??

It’s hard to refer to sounds & name them by writing, so I’ll try to explain : It might be a processed synth for the what I called “a guitar sound”, but it’s really sounding like a strummed electric guitar, it’s start right from the beginning of the track and became predominant at 01.25 & further.
The other fx/synth “scratching” sound I’m talking about is happening for example at around 0.15 & 0.48 ( just to spot it ), call it a drop/perc fx if you prefer, and “noisy” instead of “scratching” but that reminded me of a vinyl scratch noise, it’s very sudden but it’s picking in level & catches my ears.

Now, let me know if that’s not your remix 'cause then it means a kind of a problem with the player on the site.

1 Like

@Tekalight I appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Decided to switch up the feel of the track a bit, hope you guys enjoy this melodic interpretation!

1 Like

wow! Thanks so much for feel the vibe, thans for you feedback, I aprecciate it!
Keep making nice music :raised_hands:

1 Like