Dom Kane - Structures Remix Competition with Mau5trap / 14

Some really great tracks here; far better than mine. Really impressed with the quality. Hats off to all that got involved.

1 Like

Dom and mau5trap have received all entries now. They have an incredibly tough job ahead of them, some truly inspirational remixes in there. Some clever clever stuff, thank you to everyone who entered. Has been wicked to listen to everyones take on the original. Winners will be announced soon

1 Like

In all honesty my track looks like a audio sausage or some dudes fence sorry for that lol

@Wyatt_Nymoen

?

@Wyatt_Nymoen All joking aside, I think the wave form analysis must have gone a bit wrong. There’s definitely more dynamic range in your track than that!

1 Like

I wish U could say I used a sausage fattener lol but, thats not the case either way I really enjoyed this entire thing

@Wyatt_Nymoen the track also seems to end a bit abruptly, I think the upload may have gone a bit wrong. Might just be for me. Really liking the remix, can you check it plays from the site all the way through for you? Would be a shame for it not to get to Mau5trap how you intended it. And yeah, it’s been really fun, good luck!

Yea i’ll listen to it again and thanks wish you the best of luck as well

Hi @Wyatt_Nymoen The waveform only renders correctly when you upload Mp3, if you happened to have uploaded a wav or .aiff it will not display the waveform correctly. Will still sound the same, just not display correctly.

2 Likes

Ok then thats what happened I forgot to convert it thanks

I’m intrigued, does the voting system have any impact on the outcome?

Anyway, some great tracks in here, good luck!

1 Like

Hey @cleanfeed No, the voting system here on the forum is just for fun & for remixes appreciation by members, final winning remixes are picked up by artist/label.

1 Like

it’s a shame, do not reach to upload my remix, I thought the deadline was for the 19th, in short, thank you very much for this kind of tutorials and competitions … I hope in the future to see more tutoriaes of jerome isma and dom kane above all, and bitwing

1 Like

So we have our winners -
1st Sysdemes Remix
2nd 80M Remix
3rd Bokeh Fields Remix

A massive congratulations to the winners and a massive thank you to all who entered. There where some amazing mixes submitted. The level of talent is mind-blowing, it was a really really tuff choice for Dom.

Don’t forget we currently have a Vangelis Kostoxenakis remix competition running here - How To Make Tech House - Zip It with Vangelis Kostoxenakis | Promo

Just want to personally say thank you to everyone that submitted an entry, and also thank you for all the kind words in the comments/forum etc about the video series. i have read them all, and really glad people have gained from it. Didn’t want to comment while the competition was still going on. Cheers! Dx

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for your tutorial and the remix contest.May i ask if is it able upload my remix on my soundcloud account?

Hi @nikpapamivec unfortunately you are not allow to upload your mixes to any online accounts as stated in the rules. Hope this helps.

Hey @nikpapamivec

The Bitwig project & downloadable remix parts have been provided here only to allow SA subscribers to join the remix competition. When downloading those resources, you’ve been prompted by the following message :

User License Agreement
The audio samples, drums & loops / vocals & melodies contained within this resource pack are fully copyrighted
They are not permitted for use within a commercial release and are only provided for the purpose of this remix

By downloading these resources you agreeing to use these resources for the purpose of this remix submission only

Even if this competition is now over, I think it makes sense to respect those rules, not only in terms of copyright infringement policies, but also to be fair with artist/label who gave access to their track’s resources.

I also think that following those common sense & fair rules is a great way to make SA community respectful.

:wink:

Everyone from the Dom Kane comps needs to get on this!
Enter here - Vangelis Kostoxenakis - Zip It Remix Competition with Talk Of The Town | Sounds

Yes, I really agree with @FrankyCaldera and I’m quite surprised to see so few entries here :hushed: This is a really cool track & Vangelis Kostoxenakis tutorial itself is a great course too ! There’s a lot to learn in terms of structured workflow that just work as well as sound design & processing, and if you think about the time he spent on it to share his techniques & knowledge, just that deserves more entries !! Com’on, there’s still time to show some love and get involved ! :wink:

1 Like

Hey @nikpapamivec
Also contained within the comp rules it states - 8. Submissions may not be released or distributed for any purposes or through any media whatsoever except by Label in its sole discretion

1 Like