Enamour - Ruby Remix Competition with Anjunadeep / 19

Enamour - Ruby Remix Competition with Anjunadeep

View Remix Competition

THIS IS A BIG ONE!

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some great prizes.

The How To Make Ruby Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Anjunadeep - an independent record label based in London, founded in 2005 by Above & Beyond and James Grant which has grown into one of the dance music world’s most respected imprints.

After the success of our previous remix competitions, we know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves and Enamour are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track ‘Ruby’ is chosen by Enamour, you can win a release on Anjunadeep!*

But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award winning plugins and any preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third place wins a ÂŁ25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Timelapse with Jerome Isma-Ae - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in!

Contest ends - 23/02/2019 07:00:00 UTC

Nice, just startet the Remix today morning.
I got a last question: After the Contest is over and the Winner are announced. Can I upload than my Remix on Soundcloud if I haven’t won?(I also like to let people free download my Tracks) I just want other people to hear my Remix.

Hi there @ARA_Erik_Vetter, unfortunately, you cannot upload your remix - Rule 8 states - Submissions may not be released or distributed for any purposes or through any media whatsoever except by label in its sole discretion.

This was really fun - its my first attempt at a SA remix. The original track has it all so instead of adding a melodic verse I changed it up with the drums. Big ups to Enamour on a hit track - course was excellent. Thank you!

Yeah i really enjoyed making this one, it seemed to flow really fast. Thanks Enamour for the Opportunity.

i didnt master mine, i dont know if the label would do this if anyone is successful so i hope thats ok?..thanks for the opportunity, really interesting in how the layers worked in the orginal, definitely makes me think about my future productions…always learning :slight_smile:

Hey @Sergio_Vilas

The goal is to upload the most “finished” & polished re-mix as you can. You can read in the rules :

Contest Rules
*Depending on the quality of the winning release the tracks will be
released! However, Anjunadeep always have the right to refuse the
release if they feel the quality is sub-standard.

No need to stress though, put it simple : each one should make his remix sounds as good as he can :slight_smile:

Now any further mixing/mastering work on the winner track is completely up to the label and the agreement that could be made with the nominee.

So if you think you can make your entry track sound better you should try it, you still have time.

Good Luck to all & happy learning & remixing ! :slight_smile:

Ahh I see ok I’ll take mine down and get it mastered then, thanks :blush:

Remixing this track was a real pleasure.
Thanks to Sonic Academy, Enamour and the crew from Anjunadeep for giving everybody the opportunity to showcase their work.
Wishing luck to all the contestants involved.
xx from Brussels

2 Likes

I loved working on this remix! I’m a big Anjunadeep fan and I thought the “How to Make: Ruby” videos were among the very best production tutorials I’ve ever watched.

A big thanks to Enamour for sharing his knowledge and to Sonic Academy / Anjunadeep for hosting this competition.

Good luck to everyone!

Thoroughly enjoyed working on this remix, going to start doing alot more melodic/deeper music under my own name as well as techno shizzle under Bageera guise still. Thanks for opportunity.

Fantastic work everyone!

1 Like

That Dex Machina Remix is mint!

1 Like

Just checked out the Dex Machina remix - wow, holy moly, jeepers etc etc - Top top work!

Had a lot of fun with this one. Thanks a bunch to Sonic Academy for the opportunity.

Hi, first of all thanks for this amazing course, it’s exactly what I’ve been waiting for. I noticed the close date (22nd 00:00:00), and contest end date differing, can a remix still be uploaded on the 23?

I have updated that closing date now, to confirm it closes 22/2/19 23:59 PT - but this for those in Europe is 23/02/19 07:59 GMT or UTC

Wonderful opportunity to get such a good course and stems!
First time I entered a competition. I learned so much in trying to make something nice and it even makes me more humble, so much more to learn :open_mouth:
Much respect for Sonic Academy, Enamour & Anjunadeep!
Bon chance / succes @ all the remixers
Grtz from Belgium (not the only one I read :slight_smile: )

Hi,
I’m having a bit of an issue and would appreciate some help. I’m trying to upload the wav file of my remix and it’s not going through. Is there any way to fix this, or is it alright if I upload a 320kbps MP3 file instead?

Been a pleasure working on this remix! There’s some great submissions here so far! Good luck to everyone!
Cheers for this opportunity Enamour, Anjunadeep & Sonic Academy!