Fast Track Build - Trance 2.0 / 296

How come ANA doesn’t open when I load the Ableton project in the resources? I have the most up to date version…

possibly something to do with AU / VST ?

are you on mac or pc

Hey Bryan, I’m on a Mac.

Have you got both your VST and AU plugins enabled on your DAW?

Holy crap dude, that actually worked! I’d never considered that, and it explains why I’ve had so many problems opening resource projects in Ableton that I download from the site, whereas I never had those issues in Logic Pro. I guess I still have a lot to learn man hahaha, why do Mac’s have AU and VST? what is the difference?

Thanks a lot Bryan.

The AU is just a OSX specific format created by Apple.
Logic only supports AU - which is why you would not have had any problems with a Logic template.

Ableton Live supports both VST and AU.

and PC only supports the VST standard - not AU.

So if you are sharing projects between PC and MAC - ensure you use VST :slight_smile:

Love this tutorial

1 Like

Really nice Tuto… Fav!

nice and helpful

Seems strange to start with drums and a bass before you’ve even thought of the tune…guess i’m just more with echoworks when it comes to writing music…get the main idea down first then start to build the drums and bass…it’s how a song writer would approach it…certainly wouldnt start with the drums and a 1 note bass line

Your main drop after the vocal would sound better with a melody

Great tutorial ! Really helpful to deconstruct trance songs to help understand characteristics of the style !

Very nice tutorial. I’m following along in Reason 9.5, you should make a trance tutorial just for Reason. I’d like that Phil is making his way in producing the track and ignoring the other guy most of the time, so it sounds. (sorry other guy, I don’t know your name). Anyhoe, keep up the good work!

cool track

Outstanding tutorial guys. I really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. The effects and reverbs on leads and plucks were epic; as were reversed reverb sweeps. Would love to see more from you two.

Really nice tutorial. I am very happy with the detailed explanation. However, I understand that technical difficulties may occur, but the video about the breakdown could have been a little bit more detailed.

love watching the track in progress!

Good video on the drums, wish the kick was explained a little more.

Nice tutorial!!!
very good Ableton Template!!!

Really enjoyed watching two passionate people work together to create this track.