Filter Frequency Issue

I created an original track after completing the Ableton Live 9 beginner tutorial. As is shown in “Tutorial 15 - Automation”, i am trying to modify the track using the “Filter Frequency” tool for automation but can’t even seem to locate it now in my MIDI OR Audio clips. What am i missing?

Do you have the auto filter effect added to the track?

I did not have auto filter added but I have have added it now, it still does not allow me to change the filter frequency throughout the track so it rises and falls (to build the lead). Specifically, i am referring to where the filter frequency is changed in the “ANA Lead Syth High CPU” device in the tutorial. br
br
In the tutorial, the options are: "Filter Frequency, Filter Decay, Spread, Filter Spread, Macro’s 4, 6, 7 8. br
br
In the Auto Filter, I see Gain, Dry/Wet, Envelope, Attack, Release, Amount, Rate, Phase.br
br
Does it have anything to do with using the ANA Synthesizer vs. Ableton Sample?

Ahh i see.br
br
You have to go to the Ableton plugin window for ANA and click configure then move the knobs in the ANA interface that you want to automate… They will now show up as automation lanes

Does it have to be created with ANA? I downloaded it but still can’t get it to work?

You cant get it to show up at all or you cant find where to assign the automation?

I can add automation points but only at 90 degree angles and per the grid.

Sounds like you are adding automation to an on / off switch