Getting Signed to a Record Label

Hi,br
br
I have a track which a couple of record labels have expressed an interest in signing. My question is, is it better to sign to a more established label but one that’s not known for trance specifically or going with a label just starting up but will be dedicated to trance?br
br
My second question is, i have noticed that artists seem to release tracks on different record labels opposed to sticking to one, is there a reason for this?br
br
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. br
br
Thanks br
br
Markbr

Personally I would go with a more established label as their promotion, social media presence and reach to artists will probably be better.br
br
On the different labels question, different tracks might not necessarily suit certain labels, if you have a track out on Solarstones Pure Trance label but your following track has more of a techy edge you wouldn’t expect to release it on that label.br
br

Both pointers from Jimmy are good!br
br
Always aim for the biggest label. Exposure is bigger better. As a result you’ll easily release other tracks on smaller and bigger labels.br
br
Have also released on various labels. Some labels ask tracks from you and sometimes you’ve produced a track that better suits one particular label.

Thanks both of you for your advice, its really helpful!br
br
Mark

I am going to ask a really silly question here. To date I’ve released all of my own stuff - of course with out the PR clout of a big label - that’s a hard way to get noticed.br
br
How do you even get signed in the first place? No joke - this is a serious question. Do their AR teams find you or are their known contacts we can submit work to over time. Do you just keep submitting until they hear something they like? What sort of protection over your original work is in place should you submit x amount of demo’s and none are officially accepted but in the end elements are lifted and played out in other derivative works.br
br
Also once signed. Are you essentially signed continuously ie: send new works to them as you complete? Or cycle above continues?br
br
Sorry for the questions - not jacking your thread - perfect place to ask guys who are actually signed.