How To Make - 138 Trance with Bjorn Akesson / 543

https://soundcloud.com/user-645522120/conscious-minds
This is the track I made following along to this course.

One of the best tutorials I’ve ever seen.
Thank you Sonic Academy

Hey @CtrlAltDel

Need to update the link for people to listen to your work :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Inspiring and helpful tutorial by mister Perfect Blue :wink:

Blown away by the quality of this and how much I learned!

great tourtorial.thanks.

looks interesting. can wait to work on my project insiried by this tutorial.

Great track & awesome tut!

Amazing course! Learned a lot. Thank you

I’m blown away on how fast the tracks are arranged and Bjorn does not play back to listen if he did the arrangements correctly. I wish to reach that level someday.

Thank’s a lot! Really cool course.

Anyone know why he uses studio eq sometimes instead of the channel EQ?

Hey there @EDM-4-LIFE

Could you please point us to a specific video and a time frame ?

Tut 8 main theme, 8 min 15secs

Thanks

1 Like

@EDM-4-LIFE

It’s probably a workflow & tool set preference since both EQ are 4 bands parametric EQ, so they will sound the same in the end but the Studio EQ has got additional features like the “Inv” button that you can click on/off to really hear what you’re cutting or boosting as well as an output level meter on the right that you don’t get in the channel EQ, so it’s more convenient to use IMO, that’s the only reason I can think about here.

It would be something different to use another type of EQ like a dynamic EQ or a vintage gear modeled EQ emulation, that would affect & color the sound but any parametric EQs will give you very similar and even identical results with the same settings applied, so in the end it’s just about having more options with this one than the standard channel EQ but it doesn’t affect the sound.

Thanks for the reply, it’s not something I’ve used , as I usually use the channel strip EQ unless I need to get advanced then I use something like infinity EQ, but I’ll be sure to look into the studio EQ :+1: too.

1 Like

I just wish i could have figured out how to transpose what you were doing with the Swing in Ableton…I couldnt figure it out for the life of me

Hi there @pandajam2020

Inside Live swing is achieved by using “grooves” unless you have a controller like Push or Push 2 that allow to apply some some “on the fly” swing to clips.

So that should be the place to look for, here’s a link to Ableton website and you’ll find online videos as well if you just Google “Swing and Groove” inside Live or use the Keyword search on S.A website tutorials main page ( the magnifier icon on the top right of the page ).

Found this video already doing so :wink:

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

You really have to watch closely to get every small thing in these courses :slight_smile: Cause when i have been gain staging i have startes with the volum on the synth on full and then just turn backwards. But i now see that he is doing it the other way. After all this time. Haha. Guess you learn something new all the time :slight_smile:

Thank you for the excellent, straight to the point tutorial, SA och Björn.

1 Like