How To Make - 'Are We On Air' with 7 Skies / 249

I can’t get the reverb to side chain in Cubase. I have one effects channel and I’ve sent the lead to receive from the effects channel and I got the reverb coming through but I can’t get the track to pump at the end of the lead with the compressor. What compressor should I use?

if you can let me know which video you are referring to i can take a closer look

Hi it’s ok I worked it out using Cubase. Thank you for the quick reply though.

Hi… Do you get the Logic template with this course? And is there any samples or presets included in this course?

Yeah the logic project samples and presets are included

Very useful!

videos won’t play - frustrating

Best tutorial I’ve ever seen. Perfect for Trance and Progressive House.

seen a few videos from david and this series by far tops them all, amazing content!!

amazing content the only thing i think that need ti be worked on is getting to the point and saying less doubt words but awesome job

mind telling us where you got your drum samples?

Great!

This course is SO GREAT!!! I learned a lot! Thank you 7 Skies, aka our Tutor/Teacher. I already waiting for your new courses. The way you teaching is fun, too :smiley:

Do you think it’s possible to follow this in Studio One?

Hey @XImpalerX

Sure ! If you browse through this topic via the forums you’ll see that some guys have reproduced this using Cubase for example. In general you’ll be able to follow all “How To Make” tutorials in your own DAW since they are aiming to show you how to build a track from start to finish and not focusing on a specific DAW & plugins only.

Of course you won’t get the exact same sound and you’ll have to adapt & use your own plugins in place of the Logic’s ones but it’s a very good way to learn too. Next to that you have the stems & the samples in the course resources for this one and that should help too.

This is a fantastic course! David is very knowledgable instructor who clearly explain everything. I took and awhile ago and still coming back to it. I made a track based on it Stream 7skies by Almur | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Hey @almur

Thanks for sharing and the love for the course, appreciated :slight_smile:

I had a listen to the track & left a comment on your SndCld, great track BTW :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Thank you for listening! Glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

Very Good

What Key is this song in: I think it’s G major (or E minor) based on the notes but I have a hard time telling which. Any tips and tricks out there?