How To Make - Classic House with Dirty Secretz / 490

awesome tutorial.any reason why you chose not to use a drum rack?

Hey @olufemig

This is a rather old tutorial by now, so I’m not sure if the tutor himself would reply, btw always try to include the tutor user name, here it’s @DirtySecretz to have a better chance that the tutor will be noticed.

Now to try to answer, IMO I just think it’s a workflow & habit thing, especially in Live when you can pretty much get the same results using different instruments or tools. Some producers will have a preference for Drum Racks, others will use an Impulse device, others will prefer Sampler… It’s all really based on finding the tools that suits your workflow and gives you the options you need to proceed your audio I think.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, it is exactly that. I think the longer you have been producing, the more you’ll find ways you prefer working - even if other methods come along that probably could be better / easier / faster. I always try to say “this is how I do it” because you can take any number of different routes to get to the same place, none of which are wrong if you end up with the result you wanted.

1 Like

@DirtySecretz

Right on time :slight_smile: Thanks !

Nice

nice nice

It is a very useful tutorial. I understood how important M1 synth to make a classic house music. And I studied a lot of technique about making classic house music, especially arrange section is so important in this tutorial. I check this tutorial over and over again. This tutorial change in my life. Fantastic!

house music!

Great one, really pushed me out of producer’s block x a lot of help with arrangement and composition

so far this course is going great SA thank you

Thanx

Wicked tutorial. Thanks.

Simple the BEST!!!

Yes.

Useful course. Nice explanation of all the elements makes quite easy to follw and understand.

Super helpful and clearly explained!

Great course thank you

What is a good budget substitute for the Korg M1 ?

Hey there @Dominago

If you have an iPAD there’s the Korg iM1 which I think is priced at $14.99 on the App Store, but again that’s of course a no go if you don’t already own an iPad.

Edit : Slightly different than the Korg M1, there’s a free VSTi ( only for Windows at the moment ) which is based on another great 80’s classic : the KAWAI K1 ( check the link to watch a video and hear how it sounds ).

You can go to this page for more info on the K1v free VSTi.

Hi there @DirtySecretz

Great tutorial! Where did you get your drum machine samples from? The 909 and 808 samples sound really clean and crisp. Cheers