How To Make - Classic House with Dirty Secretz / 490

Nice

nice nice

It is a very useful tutorial. I understood how important M1 synth to make a classic house music. And I studied a lot of technique about making classic house music, especially arrange section is so important in this tutorial. I check this tutorial over and over again. This tutorial change in my life. Fantastic!

house music!

Great one, really pushed me out of producer’s block x a lot of help with arrangement and composition

so far this course is going great SA thank you

Thanx

Wicked tutorial. Thanks.

Simple the BEST!!!

Yes.

Useful course. Nice explanation of all the elements makes quite easy to follw and understand.

Super helpful and clearly explained!

Great course thank you

What is a good budget substitute for the Korg M1 ?

Hey there @Dominago

If you have an iPAD there’s the Korg iM1 which I think is priced at $14.99 on the App Store, but again that’s of course a no go if you don’t already own an iPad.

Edit : Slightly different than the Korg M1, there’s a free VSTi ( only for Windows at the moment ) which is based on another great 80’s classic : the KAWAI K1 ( check the link to watch a video and hear how it sounds ).

You can go to this page for more info on the K1v free VSTi.

Hi there @DirtySecretz

Great tutorial! Where did you get your drum machine samples from? The 909 and 808 samples sound really clean and crisp. Cheers

I’m not actually sure, they’ve been in my collection for some time - I think it was from a friend who sampled the machines himself and used to do it for a music production magazine. A little bit of googling and you should be able to find some great ones though, you’ll usually find a few given away free on 808 (8th August) and 909 (9th September) day. Just look for ones that are run through tape saturation for those really nice gritty, punchy samples.

1 Like

Okay, gotcha! Thanks for the swift reply. Any chance of PMing just the 909 and 808 ones as they sound particularly clean and punchy–? No worries if not though.

Hi there @stefanandrewjones8

Please do not share email addresses or any other private information on the forums since they are on public reading access. I have now removed your email to protect your privacy.

Samples are included in the course resources that you can download with a subscriber access or if you have purchased this tutorial.

Excellent course and teacher.

This is a great lesson on producing House music.

Though I use FL Studio, I was able to apply all the skills to my DAW and learn new things as well.

Will be going through all your tutorials and hope to see more in the future.

Thank you.

1 Like