How To Make - Dark Room Techno with Kirk Degiorgio / 550

Hi Tekalight,

I am working with this Sonic State Tutorial. I got it to work yesterday by removing the notes from Maschine and putting them in Ableton in a Midi clip.
Thanks!

Ok then, glad you sorted out :wink:

thanks Kirk… great course… loved the sine beat sound and that raw and dirty feel to the track…

By the way, you can click on the + sign next to the automation to get a separate automation lane… In order to view many automations of the same track at once… Thought of mentioning since you talked about it in one of the videos… :wink:

Great tutorial thank you!

I have been following this course step by step and making the best with some of the plugins that I do not have but my track is sounding great and it wouldn’t be for this course and how Kirk Degiorgio explains everything. Thank you

1 Like

Great course, I learned a lot from the videos. Could someone please indicate an alternative for Windows users for numerologyVST? Thank you

Excellent tutorial

Incredibly strong tutorial! I’ve learned so much from it. Thank you for sharing this with us Kirk !

Hi! I don’t understand why my second sequencer doesn’t play when I did the same thing for the first sequencer. Do you know what I might have done wrong?

Made a great new track following this course and changing up the rhythms, melodies, and instrument choices. I used FabFilter Saturn for my kick sub distortion, although I A/B’d my results with a trial version of Ohmicide, as shown in the course; actually spent way too much time with Saturn to get something similar to the Ohmicide preset, but it was worth the effort I think. This was my first foray into tape mastering, I used the Kramer tape plugin from Waves and the results are so sweet; really looking forward to making a second master using the Studer A800, once I get myself into the UAD ecosystem. Thanks KDG for sharing your secrets *)

great course

Fantastic course! Thank you

Loved dat course and dat sound ! Thank you :slight_smile:

sick

I love the way you do arrangement!
Only thing I don’t understand is why you Normalize when exporting. Doesn’t that compress the tracks?

Awesome course! Very inspiring :wink: Merci

Fantastic course. Excellent track. Tremendous mixing techniques and great pointers in the right direction. Loved all of it!

I really learned a lot about mixing and getting all the sounds to fit properly within the mix. Kirk also provided great insight into plugins he uses and how to use them.

Hey @SETIfx

If you love Kirk Degiorgio courses, here is a link to all his tuts on S.A

Be sure to check the latest one from Kirk BTW, really worth it !!

1 Like

I do plan on taking the course you highlighted and the modular synthesis courses. Thx. I also just finished the Dark Techno by Christian Vance and liked it as well. Any possibilities of getting Chris Lieibing or Ritchie Hawtin to do a course?

1 Like