How To Make - Dark Techno with Christian Vance / 483

simple and usefull! nice job there

1 Like

Fantastic course! thanks so much!

1 Like

Really helped me understand how to use return tracks and do other cool stuff.

1 Like

awesome course, cleared up a few questions for me.

1 Like

Dope!

1 Like

Very helpful and easy to follow, I especially like the processing of the rides!

1 Like

nice tutorial

1 Like

Very easy to follow!

1 Like

I’ve been looking for courses like this one forever and so glad that Sonic Academy came up in a google search. I’m super geeked to start the course!

1 Like

Thank you a million times for this course, this helped me a lot as I just converted from Cubase to Ableton and brought me closer to my signature sound with lots of clever but simple tricks and techniques.

1 Like

I am really happy with the comprehensiveness of the course and was able to produce a track I really liked in my DAW of choice which is Reason. It took a while to build the instruments and effect chains to reproduce sounds with similar tonal qualities, but I love to listen to a sound and then figure out how to re-create it from scratch. Then I added some of my own flavor. In the end, my ability to produce quality tracks has been greatly enhanced by taking this course. Now on to the next one!

1 Like

This course is awesome. Christian did an amazing job creating a great track to teach and I am looking forward to more like it.

1 Like

Can’t wait to start this course! LIT!

1 Like

Alrighty… looks a like a nice tutorial I need to sort out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simple tutorial. This is a great way to just start making some stuff with that dark, gritty, hypnotic feel. This shows how easy it is too just make a track so you can then spend more time really putting the interesting little touches on it.

1 Like

Nice tutorial!

1 Like

This is an excellent tutorial. I like Christian Vance’s approach to making techno. It’s simple where it needs to be but not over-simplified. And it sounds good!

1 Like

The third video in this series is the video I have been searching for in a month, Techno kick exactly as I want it in 8 minutes, worth the subscription in itself

1 Like

I cant find the presets. i hae just bought ANA for this course and dont have any of the presets described

Hi there @hamaton3

You mean you just bought ANA 2 from Sonic Academy Website ??

This tutorial is from 2016 and it was made using ANA ( a prior version and different synth that is now discontinued for sale ), so you won’t find those presets in ANA 2 and anyway, since ANA & ANA 2 are different synths, the presets are not compatible. You should be able to create similar sounds in ANA 2 following the course IMO.

For reference, here is a pic of ANA vs ANA 2
( be sure to click on "continue the discussion on the forums ) in order to view the image.

1 Like