How To Make - Dark Techno with Christian Vance / 483

The third video in this series is the video I have been searching for in a month, Techno kick exactly as I want it in 8 minutes, worth the subscription in itself

1 Like

I cant find the presets. i hae just bought ANA for this course and dont have any of the presets described

Hi there @hamaton3

You mean you just bought ANA 2 from Sonic Academy Website ??

This tutorial is from 2016 and it was made using ANA ( a prior version and different synth that is now discontinued for sale ), so you won’t find those presets in ANA 2 and anyway, since ANA & ANA 2 are different synths, the presets are not compatible. You should be able to create similar sounds in ANA 2 following the course IMO.

For reference, here is a pic of ANA vs ANA 2
( be sure to click on "continue the discussion on the forums ) in order to view the image.

1 Like

I also bought ANA2 same as a man under the comment who do not know the different between ANA and ANA2…

If I can buy a preset sound which name is “Kick sub bass” mentioned from this tutorial, Could someone tell me the name of preset pack vol.1 Vol.2 etc…or do not buy this preset from preset pack.

Hey there @Tomofumi_Kuribayashi

ANA & ANA 2 are 2 different synths, you’ll find some similitude between the 2 in the plugin’s GUI & controls & features but ANA 2 was designed from the ground up and therefore ANA & ANA 2 presets are not compatible + ANA is not anymore on sale from S.A.

The preset “Kick Sub Bass” is a Factory preset that you can find under the “Bass Techno” category, so if you own ANA, it’s in the factory presets, you won’t need to buy a pack. If you’re only own ANA 2 you will need to replicate this sound.

Thank you for your comment. I understood there is no same preset “Kick Sub Bass” in ANA 2 and ANA 2 preset pack.

That’s just fine. I can try to make a similar sound from ANA2 or another synth.

Thanks a lot again.

1 Like

I will try to make it for you guys in ANA 2 tomorrow’s or Friday.

There are a bunch of quite similar presets in Ana 2 already.

1 Like

Kick Sub Bass.SndPr (22.5 KB)

1 Like

sorry only getting to his now!!

Great course, I enjoyed the workflow as it was presented.

1 Like

Great tutorial to do a dark techno track from scratch. Also several gold tricks to add color and better mixing to your songs. I only missed deeper explanations about delay’s behaviours between them.

1 Like

To whom it concerns - “Bass beefer 2” in ANA 2.0 is very similiar to Bass beefer and just needs a few tweaks and the sub/sine in “FM tech bass 3” in ANA 2.O seems to work well also with a few tweaks :grin:

1 Like

One my favorite courses here and my usual go to when spinning up a new track. Also fits well with the genres I tend to write which more Industrial like Front Line Assembly. Who those guys need a group of courses of their own as the amount of sounds and textures they have produced throughout their is astounding.

1 Like

Great Course!!

1 Like

For some reason I am not able to open the project file from video 1.11 from the course resources. Is anyone else having this issue? All others are fine but this final one just shows me a blank project in Ableton Live 10 and 11.

@MdJ

Yes, there’s nothing wrong with that, the 1st Project is actually the Ableton Live Template and Project setup :wink:

I appreciate the reply but it seems you misunderstood my question. The project files go from Sonic Academy Video 1.1 (Ableton Project Setup) to Sonic Academy Video 1.11 (Mixdown, Last-Minute Changes, Micro-Editing), i.e. there are 11 project files.

I am asking about the final project 1.11 and not 1.1 which is the first.

Opening 1.11 (the final project - Mixdown, Last-Minute Changes, Micro-Editing) doesn’t open any project file at all other than showing my own default template which is different. Also, when I try to open it while Live is open on a different project nothing happens.

Apologies, looks like I missed a 1 reading your previous post :blush:

Hopefully I got the number and project name right now, but Sonic Academy Video 1.11 (Mixdown, Last-Minute Changes, Micro-Editing).als project just opens fine inside Live 11 as well as Live 10 here on my end.

Corrupted archive, problem during extraction ?? No clue but it’s the final Mix Down and definitely not a blank project and just opens fine here ( tested in Live 11.0.11 and Live 10.1.41 ).

I would advise trying to re-download the resources and try to use another archive manager app.

1 Like

Some really useful tips, especially the send channel effects tricks. Good work.

1 Like

The sound and vibe are quite oldish for now these days but the tips here are timeless and gold for any and all kind of productions. Great info!
Tnx for sharing.

1 Like