How To Make - Dark Techno with Christian Vance / 483

Hi Christian, Really enjoyed the video. Quick question: You seem to use Utility instead of just adjusting the volume faders on your tracks. What is the advantage of this approach? Thanks!

1 Like

Excellent tutorial, Christian. Thank-you. I learned quite a bit of new stuff. Especially love the side-chained reverb trick. More techno tutorials please Sonic Academy!

1 Like

been using this website for around 6 month now, by far one of the beast videos i have watched. thank you.

1 Like

@Chris - regarding the utility… without too much waffle, somebody has already explained it perfectly on the internet > Buy Domains - musicalgeometry.com is for sale! < stoked you enjoyed the tutorial!

Best techno tutorial I’ve seen yet. More of those in this style of techno please! Artists like Mark Broom, James Ruskin, Yan Cook, Joseph Capriati, Ben Sims, Ben Klock, Alan Fitzpatrick, Skudge, Reset Robot, Roberto Capuano, Pig & Dan, Stanny Franssen, Static Sense, Subjected.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic tutorial, thanks Christian! I especially loved the FX chains on the returns and the way you talked us through setting them up, as well as the logic behind your drum programming. I’ve always been able to feel/notice those kinds of patterns in techno percussion, but the way you vocalized it really helped me organize my ideas and increase productivity. I’ve always been the type to build a track in the arrangement view, so it’s refreshing to pull out my APC40 and have a go with some live jamming on this one. Thanks again!

1 Like

A great tutorial with an organic workflow. How about another that covers the House side of the coin?

1 Like

Excellent tutorial. Chris is very good at explaining what he’s doing and why. I look forward to more courses like this one (hopefully industrial techno :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent course. Resubscribed so I could watch again.

1 Like

Great course for great techno fundamentals :+1:

1 Like

resubscribing for these

1 Like

Great course, I learned a lot from this, very well explained. Hope to see more like this.

1 Like

really good!

1 Like

Amazing course. I loved how your methodology was clear and concise

1 Like

Nice to have such a detailed explanations.

thanks!

thanks

best tutorial so far. nice.

The return effects chains are great, thanks!

1 Like