How To Make - Deep House 2018 with P-LASK / 649

Very informative tutorial and well delivered, thank you.

1 Like

Great course and use of stock plugins.
Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Not deep house, unless the definition of what deep house actually is has changed in the past six months. Not very housey at all.

great tutorial, sax is a great sounding sample and quantising the vocal to 1/8 is a great trick. followed the tutorial pretty closely and developed into my own thing along the way.

1 Like

Really good tutorial. So many good practical tips for using Ableton.

1 Like

noice

1 Like

So much great info, tips, tricks and ideas. Great course.

1 Like

Very useful tutorial.

1 Like

Hands down the best song building course I’ve ever taken. Great teacher, great track

1 Like

Wow, this looks promising!
I immediately signed up for a year, and can’t wait to get back home and dig in… Thanks guys!

2 Likes

great tutorial to get up to speed on new Ableton - Paul’s repute as a “certified Ableton trainer” translates well here: he nicely lays out his explanations with just the right blend of “step-by-step” and “why I’m doing this” - Paul is an excellent teacher. Thanks for this tutorial - regardless of your genre, this one seems “essential” viewing if you want to get your head around Ableton

2 Likes

track I made based on this tutorial…

I really liked this tutorial for the demonstration by P-LASK of how to create multiple takes/variations of clips in session view and then build “scenes” to help drive the arrangement. Probably the strength of ableton in composing “away from the arrangement view”

I liked the vitals shares of key techniques: audio effect rack for the automation of gain using macro in the chain. A very clever technique. This tutorial is really almost like “Intro to Ableton part 3” or “advanced intro to ableton” because P-LASK so solidly builds on the fundamentals and uses the native ableton plugins so effectively, like the eq on the sidechain compression and pre vs post fader reverb.

This tutorial is worth working thru, in terms of really helping get comfortable with making a good track all within ableton. Bravo.

More “how to make” with P-LASK in ableton, please - P-LASK, you’re a great trainer.

1 Like

This was my first course on sonic and it did not disappoint. From first video to the end it was easy to follow and a great help with all aspects of using Ableton in both clip for and track layout. The mix down and mastering was spot on and made finishing a track more enjoyable instead of pulling your hair out in frustration trying to get the mix where you want it.

2 Likes

Thank You P-LASK

1 Like

This is a good tutorial. I think you can easily follow the courses even with another daw (I use cubase).

2 Likes

Thanks for this @Paul_L . I really enjoyed your workflow and teaching technique. One thing I missed and couldn’t really figure out myself was how you used the side chain on the track gain through the Audio Effect rack. I’m using Ableton 10 and couldn’t figure out how to chain the gain separately, could you do a short tutorial on how you did that? Or point to where it is in this course in case I just overlooked it! Thanks!

1 Like

@danieljonmusic

Do you remember which video this was in? If you can give the approximate minute:second mark, that would be helpful too. I’ll check it out when I have some time and get back to you.

1 Like

@Paul_L

It was in video 15, around 16:30 or so. There’s an audio effect rack macro that you grabbed called ‘automate gain’ and laid it over the vocals. I couldn’t figure out how you mapped the macro when I tried to recreate it. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Hey Daniel, thanks for that. I remember what you’re talking about. I don’t remember if I showed it in the videos, but that “automate gain” audio effect rack is something I made for myself. As I recall, I just created an empty audio effect rack, and made one “Chain” inside of it. There are no effects inside of it, but I macro-mapped the Chain Volume to one of the macro controls. I can simply automate that macro whenever I want to automate volume/gain.

This allows me to automate the volume of a sound WITHOUT having to automate the TRACK’s volume, which can become a nightmare when you’re trying to mix a song down. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Good tutorial. @Paul_L is doing a great job explaining and showing how it’s done.
It is a kind of live performance (even with the notes). Not too fast and easy to build it yourself.
Learned a lot of new things here.
Thanks a lot for this one.

1 Like