How To Make - Deep Techno 2016 with Chymera / 475

Great course! Learned lots of new tricks and workflow nuances even after all of these years on Ableton. I liked the approach to arranging too, very natural.

I am genuinely clueless at the EQ part, what is he listening for here and how is he hearing it? I’m a classically trained musician and I still have absolutely no idea what he hears as he is sweeping through those frequencies…

Like on the tonal parts like the pad, lead line, etc… I have an idea of the dissonance he hears but on the percussions I am utterly lost and frustrated, I just don’t understand what he is hearing there…

It looks like hes looking for any frequencies that are sticking out too much over the others… there is some logic in this in terms of creating a smoother tighter sound. Especially for this more mellow sort of techno.

Its much easier to hear what he is doing if you listen on headphones.

Thanks Phil, can you recommend any resources that might help one develop the ear to hear these things? some kind of EQ trainer?

anyone looking for ear training

Boom, exactlly the type of tuto i was looking for. Thx Chymera.

Great Tutorial!!

Fine tutorial. Mesmerizing and hypnotic tune. Nothing wrong with a song in the tonic when done nicely.

I hear children playing outside while you recorded this tutorial. I love it!

Thanks for taking the time to go through each of the harsh resonant frequencies on each track. Really nice to see it in action

Very nice.

very inspirational. :slight_smile:

Great lesson. Loads to take in and apply to my fledgling steps in producing my own tracks. Thanks for taking the time to explain all so clearly. More Please!

Glad you enjoyed it - check out these courses -

1 Like

sorry!!! but what is the name of your AL9 skin and where to get it … imo it´s the best…
thnx for sharing know how and spirit!!!

I learnt some interesting new things stuff in this, worth a watch this course, well done!

Great tutorial.I Have learnt some interesting tools to create movement in a track.Thanks

Very helpful tutorial. Thanks Brendan!

thanx, inspirational video!