How To Make - Disco House with Rhythm Masters / 505

This is the future of electronic dance music! very helpful video.

This is the sound i wanna make

A perfect example of ‘less is more’. A simple workflow from MPC to Logic Pro X and then in Logic keeping it simple as well. Using a limited amount of plugins still results in an excellent track. Big thumbs-up for Steve Mac for creating this course.

As a side note, I would love to see more in-depth courses of the MPC hardware and software (v2.0 preferable which is in beta I think atm).

nice
nice

Amazing!

Thoroughly enjoyed this tutorial, great tips and well explained.

Classic Steve Mac. Absolutely fantastic tutorial – just like the other one he published here. One of the best. If you’re struggling with arranging, this is a great tutorial as it teaches you how to develop a 2 bar loop into a full song.

1 Like

awesome

Cool looking forward to this

Loved this tutorial a lot!! Nothing like an old master giving knowledge to the young Jedi… haha, I wrote that in a cheeky way.
Thanks Sonic and Steve Mac for this…
P.S. During the vid, Steve mentions that he used a sonic Academy disco sample pack…does anyone know which exact sample pack it is??
Thanks again.

Hey @Richie_Cole

Probably this one I suppose, that was in a previous post in the topic. :wink:

nice

Thank you Steve! It was very helpful!

really helpful!

Steve Mac is a legend :0)

thats cool!

great tutorial from a master i would like to see how he could extract the bass from the sample and show how he would play with dat big fan rythm masters

bass frequencecy so importantant when dealing with sample driven music?

Hey there @fergz

The Low end is really what’s hard to get right in any Mix and it can easily screw up an entire track or at least make a huge difference if you don’t get it right, that’s in general, what ever the sound source is.

Now when it comes to sample driven music it might be even more critical because you have less control on the frequencies apart from using filters & EQs as well as techniques like Side Chain. So it’s definitely important to get the good samples right from the start.

Samples are not always " mix ready ", depending on the quality, that’s one thing, and then, let’s say you pick up a Kick & a bass sample using the same tonal frequency, they will be dueling for space in the mix.

Another thing to consider is your monitors ability to reproduce low end, too much low end will required the drivers to work hard and your monitors will have less energy to reproduce the other frequencies with fidelity.

So yep, low end & bass frequency is always very important and can be tricky to get right, it’s a good habit to spend more time choosing the right source & samples than trying to fix things later on in the Mix.

Hope this helps :wink:

This is a good one!