How To Make - Disco House with Rhythm Masters / 505

Had the biggest smile on my face when I saw the email for this one. Can’t wait to try it with Maschine and Ableton. Dancing Divas now Rhythm Masters get in!

Jumpin RM remix is one of my top tracks ever. TTs original is tough as anything too. Is that sound all about NY compression or bitcrushing or something else?

Can someone tell me what sample pack the disco sounds come from? He says it is from Sonic Academy.

hi @dsyben the main sample is from French & Disco House 2

Love this! Is there any reason he isn’t using the mpc software as a plugin rather than standalone? Surely makes more sense than exporting all the wavs?

Forget my last comment, posted that before i heard his explanation haha

1 Like

Very nice

great to see how he does shiz

Enjoyed the video series. This series focused on the tracking and arranging of the song. It would be great to see a follow up video showing the official mix taken to the finish line.

This is the future of electronic dance music! very helpful video.

This is the sound i wanna make

A perfect example of ‘less is more’. A simple workflow from MPC to Logic Pro X and then in Logic keeping it simple as well. Using a limited amount of plugins still results in an excellent track. Big thumbs-up for Steve Mac for creating this course.

As a side note, I would love to see more in-depth courses of the MPC hardware and software (v2.0 preferable which is in beta I think atm).

nice
nice

Amazing!

Thoroughly enjoyed this tutorial, great tips and well explained.

Classic Steve Mac. Absolutely fantastic tutorial – just like the other one he published here. One of the best. If you’re struggling with arranging, this is a great tutorial as it teaches you how to develop a 2 bar loop into a full song.

1 Like

awesome

Cool looking forward to this

Loved this tutorial a lot!! Nothing like an old master giving knowledge to the young Jedi… haha, I wrote that in a cheeky way.
Thanks Sonic and Steve Mac for this…
P.S. During the vid, Steve mentions that he used a sonic Academy disco sample pack…does anyone know which exact sample pack it is??
Thanks again.

Hey @Richie_Cole

Probably this one I suppose, that was in a previous post in the topic. :wink: