How To Make - Disco Loops in Ableton Live / 379

At 7.21 in the bass video you highlight both sets of accent notes and drag them all across to the next bar, how did you do that? I highlight the top set then when i highlight the bottom set to drag across it only moves the second set ive highlighted.

This tutorial made me smile. Lots of fun.

Great tutorial. Lots to learn here

Awesome tutorial. Lots of fun and really inspiring.

pretty sick

Thank you for this tutorial!

where can i find your tech tips on building pianos?

Great Course. I l loved the bass tut

Great Course

brilliant course, very inspiring

Well done , thanks so much

Lots of really good info here

Over the years I have found that you never know where one of these courses will take you, I started this one with the intention of making a nu disco track and ended up in another place entirely. Thank you for the inspiration Phil, great course!

One of the first tutorials I watched here - still a great tutorial

Really love this course. Im recording my own guitars and bass in my productions so these lessons are great for me. I love that style of disco string but cant seem to find it anywhere in the folder. Is there any loops or vsts that can replicate this sound. This version of alchemy does not exist anymore to my knowledge, and i think the new alchemy is built into logic but i use ableton. I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find that chamber string. If you have any ideas of where i could find something similar that would be great!! Thanks guys keep up the good work!

Hey there @Carlbooth85

Maybe using the freeze track in the available Ableton Project file and loop the first note with Live’s sampler since it’s a C3 note. Once the .zip archive is extracted go to HTM_DISCO/HTM DISCO PROJECT/D_02_DRUMS Project/Samples/Processed/Freeze and you’ll find a Freeze 6-Alchemy.wav audio file there, it’s the loop.

IMO it’s also possible to recreate that sound with a classic string sound that you can layer on different octaves in multiple tracks, then group all track & use EQ and reverb to taste.

Ok brilliant Thanks for that mate! That’s worked perfect! :+1::+1: I didn’t realise the string sample was in the folder lol thanks again!!

1 Like

Love the video. learned A LOT!

1 Like

Super!!!

Thank you, it was very nice !!!