How To Make - DJ Mix Compilation With King Unique / 243

DJ Mix Compilation With King Unique

View Course

Sonic Academy is pleased to present something a little bit different in our ‘How To Make’ series. The world renowned King Unique takes the controls as he guides us through making a DJ mix compilation in Ableton Live.

King Unique is a veteran in the scene, having done remixes for Underworld, Junkie XL, UNKLE and many more, as well as earning a sterling reputation through years and years of releasing at the highest level. Here he takes us through the making of his Armada released comp - “Beyond Borders: London’.

Looking at the track list you’ll see that its full with artists at the top off their game with original cuts from Grum, Kolsch, Dave Seaman and friend of Sonic Academy - Simon Mills and his Napoleon. This is truly a ‘unique’ look at making a globally released compilation.

Really!

Really - ? Can you expand?

Hi,

Thank you for this course! I had a question about importing all your tracks and making them ready to put them in the arrangement.

I want to start with a weekly or 2 weekly podcast but I like to use 30-40 track for an hour so warping all the tracks correctly is certainly necessarily but it's a bit boring and time consuming. Do you have Warp advice?

Kind regards!

I like that 🔐

regards from barcelona! wish these vids were in spanish too, but i'm learning fast enough and having fun, so thanks for your work guys!

Really!

Thanks SA for another well thought out series of videos! Very rare to get an insight like this with such detail. Thanks King Unique for for an honest and well explained background of putting this album together from start to finish. This has been one of my favourite courses to date.

Loved every minute of the series, thank you SA and King Unique.

I would love to see more from King Unuque with djing in Ableton live. And it would be also good to see more downtempo mixes like this and go more upbeat towards the end.

interesting course :wink:

info

nice

Nice!

A very complete and interesting course.

seems cool

Massive!

Awesome!

1 Like