How To Make - Drum and Bass 2017 with Propane / 558

Drum and Bass 2017 with Propane

View Course

Strap yourselves in because this week Sonic Academy proudly welcomes brand new tutor, Jorn Bouwmeester - member of Dutch trio Propane, to bring you a new course in How To Make Drum and Bass.

In this epic two and a half hour course Jorn takes us through his techniques in building an aggressive and tense, screeching monster of a track from start to finish in Logic Pro X.

Starting with a classic Reese bass before building the drums using one shot samples and XNL’s Addictive Drums 2, we move into the sound design of the lead lines in Serum for the drops all the while creating automated builds and breakdowns to add further tension to an already dark D’n’B classic.

Not one for the faint hearted, check it out and you’ll be destroying dance floors in no time!

dope!!!

thx

top man, top work

So where did you get / how did you create these bass shots?

No point in buying this tutorial if you don’t show how you made the original bass one-shots in Tutorial 03. Disappointing…

how is he still using camelphat? I’ve tried to reload mine several times but it doesn’t work. I’ve seen several people using it

Hi @JasonMyersRVA1

He could be using a 32bit plugin wrapper application on a x64 system and running an older version of the plugin or running the latest 64bit version of the plugin if he got it before Camel Audio was taken over by Apple.

However, you should be able to use “Camel Crusher” which is a free version of “Camel Phat” with a minimal GUI & functions on both 32 & 64 bit WIN/MacOS systems.

Have a look here : Camel Crusher VST Plugin | SoundEdge.net

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded CamelCrusher. I really miss CamelPhat and CamelSpace though. I made interesting stuff with those plugins. They were definitely part of my go to plugins. Apple’s version just isn’t the same and I hate what they did to the GUI.

1 Like

This is one of the best courses i’ve ever see.
It is very clear and well explained, it leaves you with the necessary imagination to build your clues.

Everything’s premade . premade sample , premade setting. Then just put it together . that’s it. nothing to learn.