How To Make - Funky House in Ableton Live 9 / 321

Sonic brings the disco looping funk in this latest 'How To Make Funky House' course presented by SA resident Bryan Spence. Working firstly on Drums and Percussion and then moving on to sourcing your own disco samples, we work through the track covering all aspects of creating this song from start to finish.

We use our ANA soft synth, incorporating the "Attack" oscillator, to create a Disco bass and then finish up with a generous amount of FX using samples from our latest "ULTIMATE FX" sample pack. Finally we do a touch of mastering to brighten and add some punch to the mix. 

So sit back and enjoy the next 2 and a half hours of loopy Funky House greatness.

Funky,
well done Bryan Spence you are keeping the live 9 tuts flowing

This is not funky house

Great Tutorial. Keep it up...And hey I know this is for dance music..But could we oneday see a hiphop Tutorial....Pleeeeaaassssssseeeee!

They&#039ve got one (Trap) in the works winston!

files and resources now confirmed to be working, thanks guys!

yes there is an error ! cant download ! the files ! :S

Great tutorial! I love Bryan... just a wee bit. ;)

ADMIN NOTICE -

XML error- on file download link

cant download files :(

Good Tutorial- however two issues.

First- the Tutorial files cannot be downloaded. Can admin please correct this on-going issue.

Secondly- using samples for the Build-up- is a bit of cop-out- for what is meant to be a learning tutorial !

If i do not find reply here- within the next week- I will be promptly cancelling my subscription.

Your members are paying premium prices- pick up the game

Great tutorial, I&#039ve learn some technical thing especially with the auto filter, but for me, this is not funky house!

It is filtered disco- which is what constitutes the back-bone of funky-house.

And yes- this tutorial can be considered funky house. You nu gen are thinking of TECH FUNK-

Think- Music Sounds Better with you- STARDUST- 2001

Great tutorial, I&#039ve learn some technical thing especially with the auto filter, but for me, this is not funky house!

Well, nice anyway :) Thanks for this one

My comment about the genre was about the arrangement. This construction reminds me Tech House or Prog House, including lots of FXs with verbs and repetitive bassline and fxted loop. But this is House music :)

Who cares about Genre and Sub-Genre. Just follow the tut and come up with your own ideas.

Hey, can i just ask where you get your instrumental motown or whatever genre songs from..? (preferably well known songs)