How To Make - Future Chill with Crystal Skies / 840

Phenomenal Course!!!

Sonic Academy - if you had more courses like this one, I would be broke! :wink:

This the type of course ive been wanting for this genre for the longest time! Extremely helpful, will be watching many times over

subscribed just to see this course

1 Like

Nice

Red Rocks!

love the tutorial learned A TON!!!

p.s. All Cymatics is rotalty free just a heads up

Awesome course

nice one. I actually love it.

Lol I’m pretty sure when he was talking about serum he was giving examples of who has tutorials but sonicacademy cut it out cause they have their own serum tutorials

Hey there @bbowers263

I honestly doubt it’ the case, tutors record their own videos and I can tell you it’s not something easy to get right, there’s often many takes going on and S.A get it right with their video editing work to end up with tutorials as fluid as possible.

Anyway, was the tutorial useful to you ? Did you find it good or bad ? What do you think was missing, lacking ?

That’s what we’d like to know on the forums and might help to improve things :wink:

This tutorial is filled with a ton of creative production ideas and goes really far in depth which is very helpful for every producer. 10/10

Dope

This is one of the best course . Loved it

This is a great course with a lot of great techniques. Thanks Crystal Skies!

Just so you know, if you expand Psychdelay with that little arrow on the right you can open a submenu where you can turn on “Sync” to match your host tempo.

detune you da real MVP

Why would Crystal Skies choose to record the synth lead at 11:33 of tutorial 8 so he can add extra processing to the audio file? Can’t you just bounce it to an audio file like you would in Logic? What’s the different between a bounce and recording it?

Hi there @xbrett82

To my understanding the reason why CS is recording the instrument again on a new track is because he’s layering several instances with different effects processing on each tracks. Just bouncing the track to audio would require to disable all the unwanted effects before, so it’s more a workflow thing IMO.

You can’t just bounce audio directly inside Live like you can do inside Logic, you either need to freeze the track first and then flatten the track to audio, or route the track out to a new audio track in and record the midi output. Doing it with tracks I/O allows you to keep or bypass your effects, but in the end it’s much more cumbersome to work this way than just recording a new part on a new track.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining – makes perfect sense!

1 Like