How To Make - Garage House with Dirty Secretz / 886

Hello Richie
I sincerely think that this is one of your best tutorial for the moment.
I’ve been waiting for it for a long time.
Sound Design Richie

Wow !
Thank You !

Great !!

Excellent course with something useful for all levels.

Brilliant course - especially as it’s all pretty much stock Ableton, proving you can make a great track without spending a fortune on plugins (you can recreate the ANA part in Wavetable if you need to).

Love the tutorial style - lots of top tips, easy to follow, and something for both the beginner and those more comfortable with the software.

This is the result: Stream Be Happy (Main Mix) by LINEY//PIRATE | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Excellent course very easy to follow thank you very much

Great course!!

@DirtySecretz Love love love this course. Thank you.

I am stumped, however, by one little Ableton action that you do and am hoping you will recognize and can tell me what is off in what I’m doing:

In “Tutorial 14 - Breakdown Arrangement” around 17.00+ you drag a .wav drum sample from the browser onto a MIDI clip.

When I do this, I get an Ableton “Convert Audio To MIDI” dialogue box that asks “What type of audio material are you converting? (Harmony) (Melody) (Drums)”

I’ve tried to make sure my settings are all the same as what I see in your demo:

• lock is on
  • automation is off

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you very much from San Diego, California!

Hi there @Officer_Wes

What you’re probably doing is dragging an audio sample onto a new Midi track in the arrangement view, in this case Live will always ask you to convert audio to Midi. What you need to do is to create your empty Midi track and drag your audio onto the device panel inside Live and then Live will load the audio sample into a simpler instrument device by default.

@Tekalight Thank you so much! Your explanation made it work.

Also – really appreciate your quick reply. Sorry for the delay responding:
My computer appeared to crash right after seeing your note and I took it to the computer shop. Thankfully it turned out to just be a faulty video cable.

1 Like

@Officer_Wes

No worries, happy if that could help :wink:
… and I swear I don’t cast voodoo spells to computers via my replies…LOL :smile: :smile:

Thank you for the course! I am almost done following it while working on my track at the same time. I feel like I learned so much from this!

1 Like

Great course for a newbie and you really get to play around with Abletons features.

Great course! Really enjoyed that you used mostly ableton features.

Great course, good explanations and instructions throughout the course

I love how you keep calling bars 1-8 “9 bars” LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

This was a great course! Thank you so much

Great course! Very classic feel.

Great content! Was following and creating my own track parallel! Thank you!!

1 Like

Great course and great work overall by Richie. Thank him and you guys at Sonic Academy for providing this!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses:

1 Like