How To Make - Groovy Techno with Christian Vance / 508

Enjoyed this course thank you.

1 Like

Thanks again for the positive feedback. Great to hear you’ve enjoyed the course. Please share your tracks that you’ve made!

hi could you also give a kick2 tutorial for these heavy and massive, but also clear bass drums ala drumcode? I would appreciate it.

1 Like

Hi @MikeRope … thanks for asking! There’s a a few different directions you can come at making bigger “techno” kicks. There’s some good advice already on the site for using Kick 2.

@chris_agnelli would be the best person to ask! He’s helped me with alot of what I know already about Kick 2.

Good Course and i also would buy Kick2 :smiley:

2 Likes

Great tutorial, I picked up so many techniques

1 Like

Thank you, great tips

1 Like

I have been away from production for a few months but have came back to this absolute great tutorial. Many little tips and tricks especially in tutorial 6

1 Like

<3

1 Like

Loving this.

The Project Setup is a real inspiration for me, thanks!

QUICK PUSH TRICK: After grouping the drums in the kit by frequencies (LOWS, MIDS, HIGHS), go ahead and color code them. I use a very pale RED, ORANGE, PURPLE. Once you do this, your Push pads will also be color coded by frequency range!!!

I’m sure this is obvious to most, but it was a revelation for me, hah.

1 Like

@monkeysan … great to hear and super tip!

Great tutorial Christian, I improved my technique, and i hope to give at my tracks more quality.

1 Like

Great job, dude.

1 Like

Great Stuff, Sir.

1 Like

awesome tutorial

1 Like

If you are late to the party on this tutorial and using Live 10 and cant find Kit-808 Magnextikz you need to log into you’re ableton account, go to packs, sounds and download Drum Machines, then drag the alp file to the Drums category.

2 Likes

Brilliant from the start! I’m so glad I signed up

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Do you have any tips on coming up with that groovy hypnotic bassline?

Welcome to the forums ! :sunglasses:

If you check video N°4, there’s the first part 'till 5:10 that’s covering the bass sound design, you can replicate this with ANA 2 or another synth.

Then around 5:10 there’s lot’s of comments and info about crafting the Midi and coming up with the bassline :wink: