How To Make - Kubrick with Jerome Isma-Ae / 545

Jerome!! Excellent tutorial and great track! The only thing that I couldn’t find and I really wanted to know is the midi part of the Chord FX from Tutorial 04. That FX is pretty genius! :wink:

Just submitted my remix. This is such a cool song to work with.

1 Like

Well Done Jerome. It’s Great To See You Here. I Like Your Music SInce Years, Great Great Stuff. Kubrick Is EPIC and THX for The Tutorial

1 Like

you guys werent kidding about the huge remix comp!
im all in!!!

1 Like

Amazing Kick drum Jerome, please make a sample pack with kicks like this. Best Kick I every worked with

Easily one of my favourite producers, absolutely delighted to have him doing a tutorial on Sonic Academy. Fantastic track!

1 Like

He already has. Look on Freshly Squeezed Samples, search Jerome Isma-Ae :sunglasses:

last few videos not loading properly

Love to hear and see your workflow Jerome but pls don’t use autofade/auto ducking on your mic. It cuts the start and end of everything you say and even though it’s not a problem understanding what you are saying it’s kinda pretty annoying for one and a half hour. just a tip…

Actually when i listen more carefully I think it’s just a gate you have on your mic. Still, get rid of it. All the total dead silence between your sentences sounds strange.

And also as this is supposed to be a tutorial you should go more in details of what you do, how you do it and not at least why! You should also have been a bit more prepared like knowing the chords, telling us what scale u use and why, and make it visual what notes are being played. I don’t mean to complain but we are after all paying for this service. Its also not just a beginner level tut. but also intermediate. Compared to the tutorials of many of those others guest tutors this is a bit thin in form of information. Of course Sonic Academy has a responsibility of making a good product as possible. Competitors like Groove3 and a few others are starting to get better at teaching us how to produce than SA.

I’ve gone through this tutorial twice. It’s awesome precisely because it doesn’t get bogged down in minor details but shows an entire track start to finish as simply as possible. All of Jerome’s tracks have impeccable sound, THAT’s what I’m paying for.

Great tutorial. Jerome’s style is my way to follow. Thank you guys for the tut. I’m waiting for another. Greets from Poland !!

thank you guys …really cool!!!

Excellent breakdown. For years I have always admired German producers. It’s refreshing to see pros like Jerome share their techniques to inspire others whose ideas are trapped inside their minds that need to be expressed. An amazing track hands down all the way around and one of my favorites. Jerome may not go into all the details like what key the track is in or chord arrangement, music theory, etc. He’s been doing this for 20 years now so if I’m thinking like a German I would be saying “What? You don’t know this???” :open_mouth:

In all seriousness guys on this level and who are on TOP don’t need to share ALL of their trade secrets. What Jerome shared should be enough to get guys inspired to express their own ideas and combine that with other producers who inspire them. Just my two cents…

Thank you so much Sonic Academy. We need more “how to videos” like this. Maybe Patrice Baumel’s “The Vanishing” or Jeremy Olander’s “Panorama” or Quivver’s “Subconscious” . Good luck getting him though. Doubt Quivver will be sharing anything. LOL! :smiling_imp:

great tutorial. would have liked to see how he did that trick at 2:14 on the single. the track seemed to come out of sync. pretty cool. anyway, great tutorial!!!

I agree JasonMyersRVA

Does anyknow knows how to make such Alastor chords?

Hey @Thak

Video N° 7 ( Strings ) is done by Alastor himself and his showing a bit of the techniques used to get those chords. It’s start from a “belilsh /rodhy” synth chords progression with quite a drastic effect process with heavy used of reverb on the original sound.

In the resources files available for download, you’ll also find Alastor’s Pad & String audio files. It could help to isolate those in order to deconstruct them better but IMO, in this case, next to the notes & chord progression themselves, I think that the end result highly depends on the reverb and effect chain used on the audio.

Hope that helps :wink:

Amazing tutorial, Love Jerome and how easy makes every construction

1 Like