How To Make - Liquid Drum n Bass / 597

Hi jmag02,

as this is my first tutorial I appreciate any comments and feedback to improve future videos! But please consider this;
It took months to make these samples and making every single part from scratch is simply impossible in a 3 hour course where I tried to share as much insight as I possibly could.
The typical drum&bass tutorial covers a lot about drum design so I intentionally chose to emphasise harmony and chords instead as no-one really talks about that.

About the bass design - I know Serum inside out but didn’t have a sound in mind when opening it - my plan was to take you in the playful creative process how to get to sounds that can work in the context you are writing music in.
Im not sure if I could have a made a bass sound in 3 minutes if I was just “fiddling” around!

• Andy
1 Like

Really liked that song. What’s the name?

Glad you like it! It has no name and is unreleased as I made it specifically for this course.

1 Like

Great Tutorial, biggest thing I took away from it was “Just to have fun” somewhere along the line I lost this idea. You make it look simple and the result is fantastic.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this one - Great tutorial!

1 Like

The most natural and cleanest lesson I have ever seen :))
Many of the Tutorials on the internet are really lacking and full of absurd techniques trying to prove themselves !
it is so minimal and simple that the result is perfect and the music is excellent !
we want such clear Logic ProX courses :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone… Especially you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really good & usefull courses/ Big Thanx!

1 Like

I loved this tutorial!
Thanks so much =)
would you be able to give feedback on my version?! =D

1 Like

Glad you liked it!

Cool stuff, i have a DnB background so i i think i’ll finally start producing it after sticking with House for a while. Cheers!

thanks for your tutorial!

Great tutorial! Whats the name of the sample pack you used for your drums?

I’m not halfway trough yet and I’ve learned so much already, thanks for this!

to the point and informative, great sense of humor too, thanks for this

wicked tutorial… would love to see more from you on Sonic Academy. There’s not many Logic pro tutorials online that cover liquid dnb as good as this one.

sick

Wow! I like this!

very well explained. thanks

Fresh¡¡¡

Great for beginners and as a refresher. Recommended.