How To Make - Lo-Fi House with P-LASK / 799

Lo-Fi House with P-LASK

View Course

Certified Ableton instructor P-LASK is back by popular demand for a brand new ‘How To Make’ course this week, and this time we’re checking out how to make his recently released Lo-Fi House track ‘To Move It’ from start to finish.

This lo-fi, groove-laden laid back tune is made almost entirely with the samples included in the course and Ableton 10’s very own stock plugins so people of all abilities can easily follow along. That, along with P-LASK’s extensive Ableton know-how you’re guaranteed to get a host of new tips and techniques to use in your tracks, even if you’re a seasoned Ableton user.

Clocking in at well over 5 hours this is a course where creating multiple variations and sketching out your ideas is paramount before laying out a rough arrangement and then going in-depth and fine-tuning until the masterpiece is complete.

Super detailed but easy to follow along P-LASK’s workflow makes the most of utilising this DAW and as with all of his courses, this is as much a ‘How To Use’ course as a ‘How To Make’.

Definitely one to check out!

good one !

Great you don’t use Ana and Kick2.
Great tutorial. Very well explained :smiley:

Awesome tutorial!

Great Tutorial!

Great course!
Now I suddenly want to combine this with the most recent filter house course and make some lofi filter house.
Recently I been following a “less is more” philosophy and use native plugins as much as possible so I really appreciate how you made the track with minimal outside plugins.

@Paul_L. Awesome course again thanks! Makes a difference about the sound quality, exporting the stems and than master the song?

Great tutorial again.
However, for some reason when i click to download the resources a page comes up saying access denied for some reason?
Can anyone help?

Ho @BOXER thanks for this, we are aware fo the problem and working on a fix now
Standby…

Hey @BOXER should be working now!

1 Like

Loving this course so far! Very well explained and easy to follow. To prospective students, I have a little suggestion/tip. In the bass tutorial, P-LASK edits a bass clip to remove bass notes on every downbeat so they don’t clash with the kick. If you have Ableton 10, you can take advantage of multi-clip editing by CTRL-clicking (or CMD-clicking) the drum clip and the bass clip. This way you can also see which bass notes are possibly clashing with the offbeat kicks and remove those too!

1 Like

I especially dig your recipe for mastering the mixed track. Great chain of effects and plugins, and at last I think I see the general logic of the whole process. So thanx a lot for this great tutorial

I really like how the process is broken into small videos. They are clear and to the point. It makes it really easy to follow.

Loved the course. It was easy to follow and I learned more than I probably have in a year. Thank you!

Gained so much knowledge from this one, everything from smaller tips/tricks to mix and master. Top notch!

Great tutorial!

Loving this tutorial. Part way through but it is helping me through the lockdown!

1 Like

a really good tutorial!!

Great Tutorial. Easy to follow and covers each step very well. Lots of tricks and tips throughout the course

Great Tutorial!