How To Make - Nu Skool Retro House With Dancing Divaz / 255

Sonic Academy proudly presents 'How To Make Nu Skool Retro House with Dancing Divaz'.

With 20 years experience remixing the likes of Queen, Prince and Baby D and accounting for 20 UK top 40s, the man behind the Divaz brand, Ian Bland, certainly knows how to make hits.

Here he uses his Divaz moniker to remix in a retro style but with a modern twist. Expect M1’s ahoy, glorious subby baselines and his trademark housey piano chord stabs. Lets party like it 1993!

Note: This is an Artist Series course and may contain various 3rd party plugins.

Hi Guys hope you like and get some good tips out of my Dancing Divaz Tutorial , any questions hit me up ;)

Been following the first few tutorials tonight - this has to be one of the best ones ever, Looking forward to the rest! Are you using dual screens?? as the plugins sometimes disappear from the screen haha

How does he manage to keep his output level so low? Watched the drums part so far and its amazing how his output being so low.

LOL good spot Mark yeah i was ! glad you like fella

ahhhh forgot to say MH ... what do is put one of Logics 'Utility' plug ins on my final output fader , then you can gain the whole output of your track down , don't know WHAT it is about Logic but it sure likes to eat up headroom on the master channel , this way is a cheeky fix ! , hope that helps ;)

One thing I hope you guys take out of this Tutorial is , that for all the technical production stuff , always use your ears and a good ref track to mix from , and ...ENJOY what your your making , ie if your buzzing on your track chances are the final listener will be ;)

Just started watching this.... Shame you kept putting the plugins on your second screen.... :-/

It would have been screen carnage otherwise dude lol just the same as minimising them when working 😊

Is it possible to have this tutorial on platform Ableton live 9, please?

Hi Vincenzo, all the midi parts and any softsynths used are rendered out in the resources download. This should make following along in Ableton much easier. Hop this helps.

Hi Chris, thank you so much. I love your work.

Thanks dude.

Do you think you could provide the midi file for the piano portion of the track? I see that the audio file is available but not the midi file. Thanks

for the DIVAZ BRASS track in logic to be more specific. The portion of the piano which the first 10 tutorials are based upon. Thanks again

I don't know exactly why, but I didn't have so much fun learning with tutorials in a long time! Very good series!

Hi Josh, if you go to the 'files & resources' tab at the top of the page here, you can download the logic project file, all the softsynths as audio AND all the MIDI files. Hope this helps

Thank you Den , glad you like , and yep making music should be fun indeed ;)

got it thanks!

Any chance you guys could make a Future House video? Similar to Tchami and Oliver Heldens? Thanks