How To Make - One Thousand & One Nights with Darin Epsilon / 532

Thanks Darin !
You’r tutorial was one of the reasons to sign up here .
Great tutorial , i learned a lot !

Yes Thanks :slight_smile: I presume then your Kick was taking up that bottom end space between 20hz and 80hz?

This tutorial is so helpful! Thank you for doing this Darin :slight_smile:

Great tutorial, straight to the point, will refer to this one again!

Thanks Darin

First: Excellent turtorial Darin! I’ve always fantasized (for lack of a better word) about being a fly on your studio wall, but I think this is a perfect parallel.

I’ve been grappling with how to use dual baselines, choosing the right ones that can play off each other rather than fighting with each other. Not sure I’ve got it down just yet, so I’m probably not gonna upload in time for the competition, but we will be experimenting! Thanks!

Cheers,
Will Silvano

Actually, how do you separate different instrument sounds as far as “melodies” go? Coming from a classical background, I always imagine the melodic sounds as doppelgängers for, say, lower brass, upper brass and woodwinds, and string of various tones. I do get stuck often in this area, since I feel I need to break open the theory books and revert back to 4-part harmonies. Is this something you’ve struggled with, and if so, how do you get passed this?

Regards,
Will Silvano

P.S., white noise is white hot :wink:

When you added the second EQ to the master track, you raised the low end. On the 1st EQ, you had a cutoff at 30Hz. Didn’t you negate the cutoff when you boosted the lows on the second EQ?

Hi @wmartinez I’m not sure I understand your question. Generally I would advise that you have one lead instrument with all other instruments supporting and harmonizing with the melody. Take turns emphasizing one element over the other if you need to. Keep things simple and don’t fill up the track with too many competing sounds. Hope that answers your question.

Hi @derpaderp to answer your question, you can’t boost a frequency that’s not there to begin with. By cutting off at 30Hz it basically means that the frequencies lying below 30Hz are removed.

A really inspiring tutorial - thanks, Darin!

@Darin, yes it does. I look forward to experimenting on some unfinished projects. Thanks!!

Great tutorial. It gives Darin’s experience to all who love to go forward.

This is awesome. Thanks,.

Nice Man !

Nice

Great tutorials Darin! will be definitely using some of your tips.
Thanks, and keep it up.

Thank you Darin…maestro :wink:

very cool insights! thanks darin!

What is the quick shortcut used to cut the hat out of the sample?

Thanks Darin looking forward to play with you in Copenhagen in two weeks :slight_smile: