How To Make - Orchestral Hybrid with Protoculture / 709

Is there anything Nate doesn’t do?

This sounds amazing! I’ve been looking for tutorials that cover the more organic, orchestral side of music. Basically soundtracks or stuff like Asura - Golgatha.
I can’t wait to stay up waaaay too late watching this.

2 Likes

“… or stuff like Asura - Golgatha”

Exactly!!

On youtube search for “in the studio with Solar Fields”, you might find that interesting as well. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I like the way the tutor is working, discovering ways to make things work. I learnt a lot. It’s a shame that the videos keep stopping due to the website being so slow. Best fixed as no one likes stalling videos.

Excellent tutorial as usual Nate. I especially like the midi tips. Thank you.

good course . very helpful to know how to use same Kontakt plug with 1 midi channel on different strings with expression ,took a while to work it out in Logic though . I skipped quite a lot as once I understood the technique there was no need to watch all his edits on every track .Are the vocal samples from a pack for sale somewhere ? Brilliant Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi there @sundles (Craig S3)

My ears telling me that the vocals are coming from this pack :slight_smile:
I own this one & there’s an entire folder for Dmin vocals & Add Libs in this pack matching the provided sample.

It’s definitely a good pack IMO, check it out, the pack is available here on Sonic Academy :

yep got it thanks and yes they are good ! another thing I noticed in this course … he purged kontakkt ,if I do this does that mean only the samples in the song are being used leaving memory spare for other stuff ? it doesn’t mess up anything in future projects ,if you see what I mean ? many thanks Stepane ::slight_smile:

Hey again @sundles

Yes, the “Purge” feature within NI Kontakt is intended to work dynamically on your active session, it’s just to save RAM & processing power by unloading the Kontakt Instrument samples that you’re not using in this session from memory.

So when you load a new instrument in Kontakt you can see the amount of RAM used by all samples in the “Memory” field, if you use the “Purge All Samples” option, you will see that it falls down to zero. Now if you play any new Midi notes on a controller or if you just playback your Midi sequence from your DAW, Kontakt will only load those samples into memory, therefore saving RAM.

This won’t affect the Kontakt instrument library, so no worries for other projects. Even loading the same instrument again in your instance of Kontakt or in a new one will load all the samples again in fact, and you’ll need to purge this second instance of the instruments too if needed.

It’s also good to know that the Purge options are not only usable per Kontakt instrument but for a all rack as well, click on the “New Instrument” menu ( the Floppy Disk Icon ) and you should find a “Global Purge” Menu that will offer the same options for the all Kontakt rack.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: Cheers !

Hi Tekalight , really appreciate your detailed reply ,very helpful as always :)) Thanks

1 Like

Protocultures voice itself could be an amazing bass sample… great tutorial

Very interesting!!!

This genre is awesome! I love this tutorial. :slight_smile:

good!

Super useful!

Another great tutorial - would love to see more like this.

Cool!Thank you so much!!

VERY informative! A couple of tips.

1.) Instead of extracting automation, just have automation record to Automation track.
Click “MIDI”, choose “CC Automation Setup” and set it to “Automation Track” instead of “MIDI Part”
Now you can record directly to the Automation Track.

2.) Instead of deleting tracks, or disabling, flushing libraries etc. you can just Right-Click the track and Disable it then Hide it.
All of the VST instruments & automation associated with that track will also be disabled.

Great Stuff! Keep it coming!

1 Like

there is a great product called Vienna Ensemble Pro that helps offload the cpu of orchestral samples in your DAW - find out more - plus on youtube there is videos showing from users how even on a single computer you reduce CPU load tremendously using VEP…

I am not affiliated. I found this indepedently a few days ago - hope Protoculture explores this software in his tutorial series

could be a game changer

Super! thanks

I like this course. Learned a lot of useful Cubase tips & trick!