How To Make - Peak Time Trance in Ableton Live / 395

You can’t go wrong with ANA. It is a great synth for an unbelievable price.

I have been a bedroom producer for years, but only half way through this course I have learned so many new techniques! There are so many things I realise now I was doing the long and hard way. Even though these tutorials are a few years old now, I am absolutely loving them. Thanks Phil and Sonic Academy.

1 Like

Truly awesome tutorial! Here´s my take on it:

Awesome! Just learnt a new skill! Thank you SA!

Nice tutorial. Can we have some new Trance tutorials for Ableton Live 9.5?

We will certainly try!

When your making the Stabs, whats the sound you use? or how can I recreate that sound? I see they keys but thats about it

Probably should have been a little more specific to my last post. The sound/stab/synth that comes in at 2:30 under sylenth1, I would like to see some information on how to create that particular sound or close to it. Sounds very late 90’s early 2000’s euro trance, and I love it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey

Have you watched the course - all of the elements from the song are re-made in the videos.

Thank Bryan, ill check it out now

I’ve really enjoyed this course and learned quite a bit from it :slight_smile:

10/10

The song is so great,I’d like study it

This course may use an older version of AL but for me coming new to AL10 as a DAW it is really pushing my knowledge on by a significant margin. This is marked by SA an Intermediate course and so as a newbie has had me wondering how Phil the tutor was doing what he was as I watched the video playback but I am slowly figuring it out for myself which has been challenging at times but nevertheless, a great learning experience. Still not half way through the course yet but up to his point I am really enjoying the experience and learning a lot. Thank you!

1 Like

This course really has accelearted my learing of AL. Its really difficult coming to a new complex software package when you know your current one so well (Sonar/Cakewalk) because everything looks and feels different. But this course has really stretched and pushed my understanding of Ableton a very long way wghich is just what I wanted. Now 2/3’s of the way through and really enjoying the journey!

Hey @Paul881

Great to read that this course was really helpful to you and your learning about Live :slight_smile:

I remember when I first tried to switch to Live myself and TBH it took me several attempts since each time I would try I would give it up at a certain point because I couldn’t grab the GUI, layout & midi/audio workflow inside Live.

Well… after finally deciding to follow some tutorials and to take the time to dig more into it, it finally worked out and the funny thing is that Live is now my “go to” DAW that I will fire up whenever inspiration strikes :slight_smile:

There’s a bunch of really nice tuts on Live 10 on Sonic Academy’s website :

• many others when it comes to “How to make” & “Tips & Tricks” tutorials series…

You can also use the tutorial’s search page using Filters & the “Search” Text field in order to find matching courses. All Courses
Hope that helps and happy learning then :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Hi Stephane,
Many thanks for your reply and for the great recommendations. Before I did this course I completed the beginner courses 1&2 which got me started with Ableton before moving to this beast of a course!
Trying to figure out Ableton by yourself without any help is a daunting task and after many frustrations, I gave myself a good talking to and then found SA and am very happy with everything so far.
Thanks for the other courses that you have listed, I will finish this one and for sure will check those out. Thanks again, Paul

1 Like

Just finished this course which I have followed diligently over the past few weeks, an hour or so each day. This was a challenge as I am unused to AL so it was a hell of a learning curve but having completed it, I feel much more confident now and most times can answer the question I ask of myself “what happened there?” when something doesn’t work as I expected it to, Which happened a lot in the early stages, especially around Automation. But I got here in the end and although it used an older version of AL, I was still able to learn a lot. A great shout out to Tutor @phil_johnston , great job, thank you!

Thank you for this - during Covid lockdown I had time to finish this one. It took me several months to walk thru, as I started playing music after 40 years timeout. So there was quite a lot to catch up :wink: but when following this while at the same time practising Ableton - this was a huge help. You learn a lot when seeing someone who is a professional doing and ”watching over the shoulder” what’s happening in there. And as you can imagine, during lockdown, this was the only way and media to get any training for my goal!

1 Like

Very useful tutorials and well explained