How To Make - Progressive House with Echo Sound Works / 225

love this

I hate when he use all the expensive and fancy plugins doing trix.

I Love ESW for years

As a tutorial I believe showing us how to use stock plugins instead of 100 other plugins you need to pay for would be better. Other then that I enjoyed the series.

One of the First Course that i watched ,although i never got the chance to complete it but . have to say , this is purely a gold mine for a producer ,especially for the ones who have just started with the Edm.

Echo,

I never saw you low cut your mid-basses. Does that mean you let them have information in the sub-bass region as well? I always thought I was supposed to low cut everything except the kick and the sub-bass to keep from muddying up the mix.

Hi there @mgarrettblack

IMO, there’s nothing written in stone as for those kind of rules, it’s a common practice to use a Low Cut filter on bass & even Kicks if you need to attenuate unwanted sub-frequencies. For example, some heavy 808 & 909 type of sounds can have a lot of sub-freq content and you might want to reduce those to avoid too much “boominess” in the mix.

Next to Low Cutting unwanted frequencies, keeping your Kick & Bass in Mono ( either 100% or by setting a frequency point : i.e everything in mono under 80 Khz ) is also a good way to help your Kick & Bass to sit well in the mix. But it all depends on the source material and the relation between Kick, Bass & any Sub, those have to play well together and that’s where filtering helps.

Great song and helpful course thank you

This may be my favorite SA tutorial so far. I particularly liked how you explained not only what you were doing but why. In particular, then explanation on the arrangement (an area where I struggle) was invaluable.