How To Make - Progressive Trance with Protoculture / 511

Tears were recorded when the melody and chords came.

1 Like

Very good course

Just signed up to Sonic Academy and this is the first tutorial I am seeing! So far so good! :smiley:

Great Tourtorial… Have only watched so far, cant wair ro try on my own… waiting for the Cubase Dongle xD

should come soon in a few days…

great to improve my work flow. thanks

nice workflow … great to see you works in cubase :slight_smile: for this track

Great course, great instructor and a BEAUTIFUL track!

Great Tips :slight_smile:

The best

Amazing course, great track and a brilliant tutor! Thanks for more than 6 hours of high quality content packed with detailed instructions, valuable insights and countless tips and tricks. Would love to see a sequel!

nice

Amazing course!

great course

This is a great course!

this is a great tutorial very informative and professional my only complaint is the way the instructor is constantly scrolling through the screen and moving the mouse very fast, it’s hard enough for non cubase users to follow and the screen jerking and random scrolling just makes it worse. hopefully for future courses he can slow down a little, cheers.

Great Protoculture

Hey, my apologies… just a bad habit I guess constantly moving around all the time. These walkthroughs of tracks that I actually release I try to keep as natural and close to my actual process of writing music, rather than slowing things down and diluting it for a tutorial. I’ve just done some more basic Cubase tutorials for Sonic Academy. Those would be a great series to check out before coming back to these which are more intermediate to advanced courses.

Instead of using VPS MIDI Bay and Sidechain, you can also use Xfer Records LFO-Tool, put it on the tracks where you need Side-Chaining. Select “Side-Chaining → 1” in the Presets and instead of using the preset, draw a line like shown in the VPS plugin. It will sound exactly the same, but there will be NO MIDI AUTOMATION. Because of that, you need to automate the volume of the LFOTool to control the amount of “sidechaining” (essentially it’s just an envelope shaping, not a side-chaining anymore!) – this way, the velocity based sidechaining amount can be simulated. Also, that when the kick stops, that there should be no side-chaining can be accomplished with a simple automation curve on LFOTool volume. I found that out when I was in search for an alternative to the USB dongle and super expensive plugin :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I’m following you… you pretty much just described exactly how vengeance sidechaining works. Using Midi Bay is one way of doing it but there’s no need to switch to LFO Tool.