How To Make - Progressive Trance with Protoculture / 511

Hey

The files and resources for this course are included in the project files.

Thank you for your reply.
I’m sorry.I didn’t mean it to sound like that.
What I wanted to know is how the producers get the voice samples.
For example,is the samples made by recording,or is it downloading from some website?
The samples that I mainly is a short speech and voice sample commonly used for psychedelic trance , trance tracks, etc.
I’m glad if you tell me.

Try some of these packs on our store -

Hope this helps

I’m not going through the video to double check but I’m pretty sure no… lol. Probably time to get cracking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey… I record of lost of vocal samples myself like Aphalt, also my track Music is More than Mathematics. That demo Cygnus One you’re referring to on my soundcloud I grabbed from some random documentary on youtube. Generally speaking though you’d need to get permission or clear the sample with the copyright holder before releasing anything like that though formally.

I use software called Audiohijack on mac to route an audio signal from anything in your OS (like a web browser, mic input, system audio etc.) and capture it in a wav file.

Pretty sure it was from the bundled Sylenth1 3.0 library. I’ll have to double check… I recreated the midi though anyways for the other layers so should be easy enough to achieve a similar sound with any sort of 303 sounding patch.

I think I’ve learned a lot. Thank you very much!

Just a little note that I noticed when going back over these videos. In video 3 around 16:00, you put the Pro-C comp on the kick. You enabled the sidechain eq and slid the high pass eq section up. You spoke about how it will now only compress the high section. I believe that is incorrect as the sidechain eq there is only used to determine when to trigger the compression-not which part of the signal to compress…in other words the Pro C2 isn’t multiband (though it does seem like it could be used in a MS way where if you had the low end of the kick as mid then you could compress just the side part of the signal, but you’d need a m/s plug in there to do that. Pro-C2 is crazy deep!

a lot of videos are offline

Hi - it’s a amazon web services issue - lots of sites experiencing problems at the moment. Should be back to normal soon

Sure but technically speaking because you’re triggering the compressor with only the highs, the decay is MUCH shorter due to the mids not having a tail like the bass in the kick drum. Has pretty much the same effect since the compressor is not working when the bottom end of the kick is audible. Try it out… it’ll give you pretty much the same sound as splitting into two bands and processing separately.

1 Like

I see. I can see there is still more for me to learn about a compressor. I didn’t think that decay time of a sound came in to play with the GR and that that was just handled by the release settings of the comp itself…so much to learn (and unlearn!).
PS I’ve been digging your podcast. Great music!

Very good!

Nice… Thanks

Very Nice !!! it helps me alot

Great stuff!

this is Huge massive !!

Great job guy’s, look forward to more like this. =)

nate , who is UNION in A.N.A ?
lol