How To Make - Psy Trance 2019 with Shadow Chronicles / 660

Psy Trance 2019 with Shadow Chronicles

View Course

Protoculture’s back with us once again this week and this time Nate’s bringing us an all-new ‘How To Make’ course under his alias Shadow Chronicles for a massive Psy Trance beast created from start to finish!

This is a ‘no holds barred’ monster of a course for the more advanced producers out there, where Nate brings out some of the big guns of his plugin arsenal to produce an epic synth-laden track worthy of its title 'In the Company of Giants’. Having said that, most DAW’s will have equivalent stock plugins that can recreate the sounds produced, so whatever your budget you can follow along.

In this 7 hour course, we first lay down the kick and bass backbone before adding ambient textures and effects, driving percussion and awesome layered lead lines. As the track and CPU level grows we commit to rendering to audio and organise the different elements before arranging with extensive use of automation to build up to drops and an arpeggiated breakdown creating a track full of texture, risers, sweeps and impacts. Always tweaking and editing to improve, we finish off with a mixdown and then export the stems to complete a master and finalise the track.

Nate’s dedication to each and every element of this tune is showcased throughout these videos and the end result proves it’s worth every second.

A truly inspiring course that will give you the professional insight and techniques to raise your game to the next level!

Omg yessssss
First thing I do when my studio is back together. :smiley:
Can’t wait, I’m sure it’ll be awesome.

Masterful. This is the level of quality to which all other tutorial series should aspire. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s going to be a good weekend.

Oh YES!!! :slight_smile:

Nate the wizard! Brilliant!

So great! Tons of inspiration and helpful tricks!
Thanks man!

10 Stars!

OMG!! I can’t get enough of it excellent work.

Quality content !

protoculture is a master of his trade ! loving the shadow chronicles sound!

Best track from scratch video I’ve ever seen. Especially for psy trance! Great tutor. Glittering prizes!

I am not into this kind of trance, but this tutorial is top notch, a lot of useful tips and stuff to learn.
Huge respect and thank you.

I like it a lot.

Excellent tutorial Nate, thank you

Great course!

Im about to make a Pick Pack , so i can choose 10 Plugins. Which ones would u guys recommend for this tutorial and psytrance in general ? Which ones have the most impact ?

Hey @Nachojb, you’re probably talking about the Plugin Alliance 10 Plug-Ins Pick-Pack, right ?

I know that Nate is a huge fan of Plugin Alliance plug-ins from having watched his tutorials, maybe he could provide his Top 10 or most used ones list here ?? @Protoculture Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey

My personal favs and some of the ones I use the most would be the following plugins…

Unfiltered Audio Byome
ADPTR Metric AB
Black Box Audio HG-2
Vertigo VSC-2
SSL G Channel
Brainworx BX Digital v3
Elysia Alpha Compressor
SPL PassEQ

Depending what you’re looking for you can throw in some other distortion units like VSM3, Twintube or Karacter, otherwise compressors like Iron, Townhouse or Magnum K. They’re also about to release a number of VST instruments… can’t give you more info on the upcoming stuff in Beta, but DS Thorn has just been released and has some great potential sound wise.

1 Like

Amazing series, as always! Quick question: am I the only one for whom the kick sample is corrupted in the project samples download? It’s only showing an 80-byte file that doesn’t open in my DAW (Ableton). Just curious, thanks, @Protoculture!