How To Make - Psy Trance 2019 with Shadow Chronicles / 660

I like it a lot.

Excellent tutorial Nate, thank you

Great course!

Im about to make a Pick Pack , so i can choose 10 Plugins. Which ones would u guys recommend for this tutorial and psytrance in general ? Which ones have the most impact ?

Hey @Nachojb, you’re probably talking about the Plugin Alliance 10 Plug-Ins Pick-Pack, right ?

I know that Nate is a huge fan of Plugin Alliance plug-ins from having watched his tutorials, maybe he could provide his Top 10 or most used ones list here ?? @Protoculture Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey

My personal favs and some of the ones I use the most would be the following plugins…

Unfiltered Audio Byome
ADPTR Metric AB
Black Box Audio HG-2
Vertigo VSC-2
SSL G Channel
Brainworx BX Digital v3
Elysia Alpha Compressor
SPL PassEQ

Depending what you’re looking for you can throw in some other distortion units like VSM3, Twintube or Karacter, otherwise compressors like Iron, Townhouse or Magnum K. They’re also about to release a number of VST instruments… can’t give you more info on the upcoming stuff in Beta, but DS Thorn has just been released and has some great potential sound wise.

1 Like

Amazing series, as always! Quick question: am I the only one for whom the kick sample is corrupted in the project samples download? It’s only showing an 80-byte file that doesn’t open in my DAW (Ableton). Just curious, thanks, @Protoculture!

Hey @Toryn

What’s the name of the sample you’re referring to ?

Once you unzip the Project’s files you’ll have the following structure :
Main Folder : Cubase Project FIles
Sub-Folders : Audio - Images - Sampler Track Files

In the Audio sub-folder there’s just the kick reverb effects audio files, the only kick I found is in the Sampler Track Files folder and it’s named after FF Ace Encounter Kick-E01.wav, this file is not corrupted and opens in Live using drag & drop.

Make sure you test from a fresh new download as well as using a reliable unzipping tool, such as winrar for WIN or Keka for MAC

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Awesome. Thanks. Really like this one to analyze the end results.

Thanks very much for your reply, Tekalight! I found the kick that you’re referring to, and yes it loads just fine. I was referring to the file in the “Audio” folder with the exact same name (FF Ace Encouter Kick-E01) that seems to only be 80 bytes of data and doesn’t load in a DAW as an audio file. But yes, your reply solves my problem, so thank you!

1 Like

Excellent as all Nate courses!

Very good tutorial. Would be great to give some alternatives for the used plugins

Hard to believe this course is actually here, 99% of other internet Psytrance offerings are absolute garbage.

This course is the real thing.

Loved the tutorial! Tons of useful and solid tips to help you psy-trance production.

great Tutorial Thanks

Thanks for solid tips

Thank you very much for that video!

Really useful course Nate. Many thanks for taking the time to put these together. I learned heaps of tricks and had to buy a boatload of new Plugin Alliance stuff LOL. Mooi.

was good

A wonderfully detailed and insightful course. Quick question Nate - you mention you are using headphones to mix as you are using a mic to record your voice for the course. Just curious as to which headphones you use and/or recommend.