How To Make - Psy Trance with Activa / 258

Can you not call it Psytrance? it is definitely not what it says on the tin. the tutorial is nice but nowhere related to psytrance. it really sounds like updated trance from early 2000.

Your stuff rocks man. Thanks much for the tutorial. I just keep watching it again and again. Good stuff. I'm following you on Spotify :)

Awesome tutorial! Rob, thanks for producing one of the best tutorials I've seen. And all the quality tracks, podcasts and live sets over the years!

In my personal opinion the bass line in a psytrance tutorial cannot be a sample, but the tutorial is very useful thanks.

If I bought this tutorial will I get the project files or do I have to subscribe?

Just signed up, wishing I parted with my money years ago now. These tuts are amazing!!

:smiley: glad to hear it !

The monthly membership is a great idea. Having never played an instrument IWas really hung up on music theory. Just going through the first vids now. :+1:

I was hoping he wasn’t going to change the “wrong” sub drone note. I was rather enjoying the CAug(Maj7, #9) instead of the C#-9. Great tutorial! The finished product is very clean sounding.

This is unreal! So many nuggets of leaning for me. Cheers for this Rob and SA

Any chance to get the Sylenth patches seperately?

1 Like

If you open the project - you can save out the Sylenth patches

I finished the Tutorial. But i don’t really 100% like what i finished. Anyway - learned some new tricks.
Maybe someone would like to hear it:
https://soundcloud.com/m2k1/success

would like
to have a bit more details on the Mastering, great tutorial

Excellent tutorial.

Nice. Great tutorial

really enjoying this. great video

The one trance tutorial i’ve been coming back to the most. The clarity in Activa’s production is immense. He’s one of the most technically accomplished producers the scene has ever had and there’s plenty good mixing tips here on offer.

Using Ableton… … no Sylenth preset?

Hey there @amclellan84

This course is rather dated by now BTW, but to answer your question, no, there’s no Sylenth or any other 3thrd party presets in this one. It was done under Logic 9 and the instruments are based under Logic EXS sampler instrument patches.

The samples are included in the downloadable resource files though, and I think there’s a way to import Logic EXS patches into Live if you have the sample by a Drag & Drop of the .exs file and then pointing at the sample location, it should then convert it to a Live Sampler patch .adv file.

Samples are organized by folders matching sound names like 04_Acids / 05_Riff, in each folder you’ll find an Audio Files & a Samples sub-folder, so even if you can’t import the .exs files into Live you should be able to get all the sounds you need to follow the tutorial and recreate the track.

The fact that the course is not in your native DAW doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to follow along, it’s also a good way to learn when you have to adapt this into your own DAW IMO.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Great tutorial despite it being close to 10 years old. More mastering detail would have been helpful though,

1 Like