How To Make - Psy Trance with Shadow Chronicles / 570

I’ve just downloaded the stems for the remix comp and put them into my DAW. However, track numbers 30, 34, 37, 38, 43, 50, and 54 appear to contain no audio at all: is that how it’s supposed to be? Just checking…cheers!

really happy to see a long video in cubase 9.5 … great & thumbs up !

Are the midi files included in the course resources?

I’ve just exported them, forgot to include them in the audio bounces, they should be available shortly.

Had a look through the project… those channels all have muted audio/midi parts that were rendered in place to new channels. It shouldn’t affect the project at all. I think I left some of them in so you could still see automation and which plugins were used on the source material.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what’s up.
I don’t have Cubase, so can only use the audio stems, which means I can’t see any of the automation or plugins etc - which would probably be quite instructive…
Still trying to get my head around eighty-odd tracks!

Really very detailed and innovative!

1 Like

Yesssss what an amazing course Protoculture. I learned so much from the Prog Trance one a while back and this one didn’t disappoint either :sunglasses: It’s courses like this that are the reason I’m a Sonic Academy member!

Now it’s time to get crackin’ on my remix!

1 Like

Great tutorial, I use Ableton but there was loads of relative info.

Such a good tuto,learn a lot. Any chance the midi are uploaded as well?

Nice, looks like I’ll want to subscribe to watch some of these tutorials!! :open_mouth:

Someone really likes Soundtoys :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love Proto sound! Amazing!

Really enjoyed this tutorial. I`ve learnt soooo much about Logic x as i hardly have any plugins used. Anymore tutorials like this and i may have to take out a years sub :wink:

Loving Nate’s style right now.

Old School Master!

Awesome course

Best and most complete tutorial so far. Nice to see a trance legend like Nate sharing his knowledge.

1 Like

Hey Proto I have a question if anyone can answer also.

When starting a track do you mix with limiter? I’m watching the course and it’s not quite obvious.

Is it mixing with limiter good or bad?

Also should the starting volume to start a track be let’s say kick -6 dB?

How much headroom is the best?

Cheers.

Fantastic.
Nice workflow and skills.