How To Make - Psy Trance with Shadow Chronicles / 570

Awesome course

Best and most complete tutorial so far. Nice to see a trance legend like Nate sharing his knowledge.

1 Like

Hey Proto I have a question if anyone can answer also.

When starting a track do you mix with limiter? I’m watching the course and it’s not quite obvious.

Is it mixing with limiter good or bad?

Also should the starting volume to start a track be let’s say kick -6 dB?

How much headroom is the best?

Cheers.

Fantastic.
Nice workflow and skills.

this clean and professionel Workflow combined with this skills. Amazing!

PROTOCULTURE + IBOGA what else to expect. I am doing this tutorial, using REASON, Yes Lets see what comes out So Far So Good,

Amazing to watch.
Can’t wait to see what’s to come.

Sorry, missed this question when you posted it… I do mix with a limiter, but its there for ABing mostly, and not permanently on. Thing to watch out for is its there to bring up your mix to a comparable level to your reference material, or to make sure your dynamics are not altering too much at the limiting stage. You’re not going for maximum volume here, rather just another tool like having a second pair of monitors in the studio so you can check what you’re doing.

This here would be a great course to invest in i believe, might just do such real soon.

1 Like

interesting but a really common and progressive style…im more intor darkpsystuff…

Seriously awesome tutorial! Cant get enough of it. Keep coming back.

Very good! Best psytrance tutorial i’ve found online (and good for cubase and electronic music production in general).
Protoculture seems to be several levels up from the other guys i’ve seen. Found it especially educational watching him work on small but very important details that adds up in the end, and his thoughtful use of effects- and processing plugins.
Highly recommended.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the videos, but I was hoping for something a bit more like “Vermont & Pondora - Eternity”, now that James Dymond already made a tutorial covering the “rolling” psy bass line, instead of a more “melodic” one like the first drop in the track I mentioned above. Love to see psy trance - hoping for melbourne/psy bounce!

best

Cant believe my eyes, Protoculture. still listening Terra Tronics godamn! Amazing, professional and truly psychedelic. will be waiting for another Psy-Trance tutorial!

Excellent job, as usual!

Looking forward to watch the whole course.

This is one of the most informative easy to watch series loads of great tips.

Thanks
Derren

1 Like

This is a killer tutorial! If you like PsyTrance… watch it!

1 Like

nice kick and bass tutorial!